“Enjoyable food and friendly service” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Chequers at Loose

The Chequers at Loose
Ranked #25 of 307 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Bar scene, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Faversham, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable food and friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

This was my first visit to The Chequers in 25 years. I used to drink and play darts here!
A quick bite to eat at lunchtime and to find out that the pub had been completely revamped inside 20 years ago! The food was very enjoyable and the service polite and friendly. Pleased to say that Loose village is as attractive as ever and it won't be another 25 years until my next visit.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Moore06

“Well worth a visit!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

A friendly welcome to locals and visitors. Great staff and some fantastic nights on Friday / Saturdays where they have live bands or quiz nights on most weeks! Lovely location and has a nifty little garden for dog lovers. Food is good hearty pub grub. Would seriously recommend to anyone who loves and old style pub with a good selection of beers. Good age mix also!

• Visited May 2014
“Our Local”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

A great little pub serving excellent food by friendly staff. They often host live bands and quiz nights. The pub is very old and sits by the side of a small river. Dogs are not allowed in the pub or on the large expanse of field opposite the river. The Pub has a garden and dogs are welcome there. This is a rare and special find so close to Maidstone . There is ample parking available in the road outside.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Travelus2
“Menu”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited The Chequers with my husband and two children. The menu was quite brief and they only catered for children with half portions of adult meals. Ordered brownies for pudding and when they arrived l saw nuts on it. I asked if they had nuts on and the waitress went off to ask. However l over heard the owner saying "didn't they think to ask before ordering". Nut or vegan dishes should be highlighted on menus as in today's society it is health and safety to ensure that people are catered for. There was no atmosphere and they never even said thank you or good night when we left what l can only say was an empty pub. Not really surprising.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Rainbowloose
Shawbeekins, Owner at The Chequers at Loose, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Thank you for visiting The Chequers with your family, I am truly sorry you did not have a pleasant experience, but I am glad you have given me the opportunity to win you back.

(Brief Menu)

In relation to the menu being brief - We currently have 7 Starters, 5 Vegetarian options, 4 Meat dishes, 6 different types of Burger, 4 Steaks, 2 Salads, 4 Fish mains and 5 varieties of Pizza. On the other side of the menu we have the lunch option which include 7 different potato fillings and 10 choices for baguettes or flour tortilla wraps. We also have 14 different sides and a dessert menu. We normally have 3-5 specials on the board as well. Lee The Head Chef is always open to ideas to improve the content so it would be great if you could give us some ideas on what is missing from the menu? We love to get collaboration from the locals as the Pub is nothing without the community.

(Kids menu)

In relation to the half portions for kids this does mean that your little ones could have; Rump Steak, Mushroom Pasta, Fish and Chips, Vegetarian Pizza etc. Also if you ask we can make something up as everything is prepared fresh on site.

(Allergies and Intolerances)

I can only apologise on behalf of the team member that said this. Whilst is was not me I take full responsibility for the actions and words of my team. Thank you for highlighting this great point which I will address. The next menu print will have information letting customers know that if they have any food or allergy intolerances that they can ask the waiter/waitress for more information.

(Departure) No thank you or good night

This is, as well, just not good enough and will be addressed with those working that shift and in general with the rest of the team.

All in all a disappointing visit for which I must apologise again. As I mentioned before if you could give me some more insight into menu suggestions then perhaps we can come up with some better options for you and your family. I hope to hear from you soon and thank you for helping me improve my business.

Shaw Cavill
Landlord
Coxheath Maidstone
“Christening party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

We held our post christening party for thirty family and friends at The Chequers last Sunday. we had a good selection of buffet food which was reasonably priced. As the weather was good the staff were happy to serve it outside. The staff were friendly and attentive during our time there which helped to make it an enjoyable afternoon.

Visited April 2014