“Ruined mothers day”

Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ruined mothers day”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Nearly a two hour wait for any food. All the meals were wrong. There was hair in the food. Staff were rude from the start. And the managers response was 'have you done this job'! Ending in an aggressive customer paying our bill against our will and telling us to shut up and leave. Which the manager should not have accepted. Terrible day and ruined mothers day for the four mother present. Never going back again

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank francesca1235

Aylesford, United Kingdom
““Food was cold, tasteless and two hours after I was vomiting and had diarrhoea!””
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Food arrived late, it was cold, the rice was like rubber, the chilli was more sauce and beans than meat. Two hours after eating the food I had diarrhoea and vomiting. Do not go here its awful and the manager should be fired.

A few tips:

Don't serve mass produced processed food

Clean your kitchens

Wash your hands

Have pride in the work you do.

Damian

UK
“Fantastic lunchtime visit”
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I paid a visit to Chimichanga for the first time recently after wandering around Maidstone shopping area and looking for a place to eat.

We were greeted by a friendly member of staff and shown to a table. Not having had much in the way of Mexican food before we were keen on trying something knew (but actually ended up having stuff which wasn't too dissimilar from what we are use to anyway, to be fair!). I ordered the Mexican paella and my wife had the Cajun chicken half rack of ribs with a salad (they offered fries or rice as options).

The meals came out quickly but it wasn't very busy at the time anyway - mid Saturday afternoon. The paella was delicious! Chicken, chorizo and prawns with a beautiful taste. My wife enjoyed her dish and particularly liked the way the chicken was done.

The restaurant itself was clean and had a nice atmosphere to it. My only gripes were that I noticed the gents were out of toilet paper, but didn't have presence of mind to mention it to anyone (and should have, of course). The prices were a little on the high side too, I would say. My £10 paella was good value I thought, but the ribs n chicken at nearly £16 is a tad overpriced for what you get.

All in all a very pleasant lunch visit. The staff were friendly and attentive, I think we were visited at our table by 3 or 4 different people, all of them very nice. The food was really good - we're really keen on visiting again and trying more of the menu but for a first impression it was a good one.

“Wasted celebration”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I visited this restaurant to celebrate her conclusion of a long series of hospital visits and because we had never been to a Chimichanga before.
We are not familiar with "Mexican" food, so picked what we thought would be nice, from the menu descriptions. The starter we chose was the Santa Fe sampler to share at £10.25. Supposed to be BBQ pulled pork and cheese quesadilla, Mexican chicken spring rolls, guacamole, pico de gallo salsa, chorizo and tortilla chips. There was no chorizo, the quesadilla and spring rolls were miniscule slices, a few chips and a pitiful teaspoonful each of the salsa and guacamole. What we did not expect was the whole lot was buried under a mountain of curly lettuce, presumably to make up for the sparse quantities of the rest. Hardly enough for one, never mind sharing.
We had a Chimichanga and a combo fajita for mains. The portions of dry, tepid sliced chicken and steak for the fajita were small and very thin with the sizzling coming from a layer of peppers and onions. The guacamole, cheese etc came in tiny pots. Even though the (barely warm) tortillas were small, I had only filled 3 before using up all these other ingredients. Poor value for nearly £15.00.
My wife said her chicken chimichanga was largely tasteless and not very full.
For dessert we had churros, a sort of horseshoe shaped doughnut. In Spain you can get something similar in outdoor markets, which when fresh are light and crunchy. These were tough and tasted greasy, I suspect they were heated from frozen.
For drinks we had the draft Brahma lager type beer, which was ok but very bland, like cheap bottled beer in Spain.
All in all not a good experience, although maybe we did not make the best choices.

“A good restaurant.”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Enjoyed our first visit here. The staff were very efficient and polite and the food was good.
There was a good choice on the menu and we will return to try other dishes.