“Slow, over priced and average”

Big Ben's Fish & Grill
Ranked #205 of 309 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: British, Fast Food
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Open all Easter!
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Slow, over priced and average”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

When this place first opened it was the best fish and chips in Maidstone. Oh, how times change!!
I can put up with waiting for my order when the end result is good, but when it is poor.......
I wouldn't say that the staff are rude, because they are not - they are just not polite, no please or thank you.
I would like to say that perhaps I caught them on an off night, but friends have said the same.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Ian L

Loose, United Kingdom
“Shocking service”
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

I went to Big Bens on my way home from a day out with my partner and the dog. As we had some left overs at home we thought we would pick up so e chips to go with it, so we popped into Big Bens. I ordered one large portion of chips, they were a reasonable price. There was not mention of how long this would take so I sat I a chair expecting a few mins wait, my partner and dog still waiting in the car... 40 MINS LATER! I get my one portion if chips, my poor dog had been sat in the car all this time and there was no apology for the delay. It seams every order is fulfilled in turn no matter what you order!
We had previously been impressed with the quality of food from Big Bens so on another occasion thought to call ahead and then pick up the food around an hour later. We called several times but there was no answer on any number!
There are several other fish and chip shops in the area. Take your business there!!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Abbey R
“very very nice”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Ribs really smokey, chicken wings huge and tastey, good chips and very reasonably price! Will be using again.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank PFeth
“Dont be in a hurry”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well I have experienced some slow service in my time, but 45 minutes stood/sat waiting for chips really is something else.
The customer in front of me dared to ask why there was a delay... needless to say that I decided it was better not to ask myself. When the chips were finally ready they were slung over the counter without so much as an apology for the delay.

certainly would not be heading back here again

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Blue-Smurf_73
Brighton, United Kingdom
“2 hours to deliver”
Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

Constantly engaged when you try to call to enquire about an order placed over two hours ago! Employ more staff or loose customers ... Not happy

• Visited September 2013