“Fantastic food but terrible service”

Big Ben's Fish & Grill
Ranked #204 of 311 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: British, Fast Food
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Open all Easter!
kent
“Fantastic food but terrible service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

The waiting time in this is place is disgusting even when your the only one in there. So the next time we decided to get a take away we rung the order through first they asked us how long we would be so we said 1/2 hour that gives them plenty of time to cook it, they said yes that's fine see you in 1/2 hour, we turn up exactly 1/2 hour later and they haven't even started cooking yet!! Are you having a laugh when we asked why it wasn't ready they said we cook from fresh, and that they wait until you turn up then they start cooking it, we had to waits further 25 mins. So why advertise that you can collect when they don't start cooking it until you get there!! What is the point!! I can see them not lasting much longer if they treat there customers like this.

2 Thank ralph10

“It's a waiting game”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

It takes far too long to wait for your order to be cooked and wrapped up. It's not like they're short staffed - just highly inefficient and NEVER apologise for making you wait. The food tastes great except maybe the pies. I've been here a few times now and I think the food quality is great but having to wait so long puts me off returning anytime soon unless I have an evening to waste

2 Thank Radiad
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Don't go here if you want Customer Service”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

This company claim to do things differently. They definitely do that. They have no concept of customer service.

If you want to routinely wait for 25 - 30 minutes then this is the place. Oh and by the way don't ever question why it takes so long, if you're lucky you'll get excuses like we only cook to order. If not you will get a tirade of abusive language with words so blue that I cannot repeat them here.

Having used this place regularly since it opened, you would think that I would be recognised as a regular, but sadly no. They don't do that here, you're just a number on the order slip!!!

In the last few weeks I have encountered other disgruntled customers who have decided to vote with their feet. I am joining them and going back to my old shop, where I get greeted with a smile, some light banter and if I place a large order, a free bottle of large coke. Thats what I can customer service.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank SmedleyBean
“Terrific value and quality”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Traditional fish and chips
With a burger to die for
Do a peri fish bit