“new premier”

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
Spalding, United Kingdom
“new premier”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Yes nice and fresh and new. Still free parking and seemed to be enough spaces, lift to all floors and 24 hour reception. The lady showed us the new booking in flat screen which gives you a receipt and the door key so looks like it will be DIY from now on and do away with the smiling face to greet you. Room was as you would expect clean and comfortable with the usual tv and tea/coffee. walk in shower in the bathroom. We was on the ground floor and there were no windows to open so you felt safe, air conditioning instead which you could set yourself.
Just a 10min walk into the town so no need to move the car. Says Wifi on the sign outside but does not mention that after 30 min it is £3.
Good sleep and no road noise.

Room Tip: The drive way is very small from the road so approach slow or you will miss it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Martock, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed in a Premier Inn before so I was happy to book another one on this holiday. I was deceived and I think it's only fair to share this hotel's surprises with other travelers.

The first item that shocked me was the lack of soap in the room. The dispenser that would hold the soap was broken (we found out once the manager dropped off a bottle of soap in our room for us to figure out how to install it). Seriously, might want/need to bring your own.

The second item that annoyed me was each day after the maids would come in and clean the room, they only left one set of towels in the room when there were two of us staying there. Because this hotel does not provide phones in the rooms, everyday (for 3 days) I had to go downstairs, hunt down the manager, and ask for an additional towel. One day would not have mattered, but everyday was tiresome. I would have be happy to put up a "do not disturb sign" to encourage the maid to skip my room, but there was no sign to put out.

The third item was a master room key was left in my room by the maid. We immediately took it to the manager, once we found her, and handed over the card. This is worth mentioning because it does compromise the safety of other guests and their belongings. The manager did not seem upset or surprised at all by the maid's mistake.

There is good news about this hotel! It is clean and reasonably comfortable. The restaurant was the only thing I liked about my stay. The food was delicious and well priced, especially for a hotel. The staff, primarily Liam and Anna, were so nice and deserve mentioning.

Room Tip: The disabled room I stayed in was very large and very quiet: top floor, tucked in a corner, but not...
Paphos, Cyprus
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed in this Premier Inn for 4 nights whilst visiting friends and family in Maidstone and would definitely stay here again. It is very new, and nice and clean, and close to town. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful, my room was comfortable and the free parking was great. My own gripe is the "free" wi-fi... which is only free for 30 mins a day. I don't mind paying actually, but not when there's a huge "free wi-fi" sign at the entrance to the hotel.

I didn't use the restaurant or have breakfast, so am not reviewing that aspect of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank serap
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Extremely busy when we arrived but it was Bank Holiday weekend and the BBC had virtually commandeered the restaurant. Fortunately we weren't hungry after our long journey and were content just to crawl into bed. Excellent night's sleep thankfully, really needed it.

Breakfast buffet was very nice, staff asked me for my room number a couple of times though after I had already been seated, when I was taking the children back and fore the restrooms which made me feel a bit unwelcome. There is pretty high security there though, you cant even use the lift unless you swipe the card they issue you with for your room.

I booked this hotel as my usual hotel wasn't available. I would probably go there again though.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Trvelodge is closer to the centre of Maidstone but we always prefer Premier Inns when we have the choice - better breakfasts! This was probably quite a new hotel. It was pristine - almost intimidatingly so. The room was comfortable and spacious as always, with a nice deep enamel bath.

The hotel is situated on a hill which makes the walk to the centre harder (and longer) than we expected. IThere are noshops very close so getting a paper takes a bit of a walk.

Service was mostly good, though the breakfast cooked section was not kept well stocked. Parking seemed ample and we had no problems on that score. Enclosed parking has to be pre-booked.

There is a lovely large beech(?) tree by the entrance and some tables and chairs around it would have made better use of the space it occupied.

Beware if you use an electric razor! There was no shaver point in our bathroom. Is this a common omission in Premier Inns? Reception did not provide an adaptor but referred me to a vending maching where they were on sale at £4 a go. Best to take wet shaving kit or your own adaptor if staying here.

Overall though the hotel was 'up to standard' though nothing special - rather like Maidstone itself!

Room Tip: 330 rooms in all. Very secure. Higher floors may be preferable.
London
Reviewed August 23, 2013

New hotel good decorative order and comfort. Impressed with automated check in. Now the negatives....restaurant and bar minimum staffing levels that really struggled to cope with the ten guests present! Duty Manager however was understanding when three types of wine were not in stock. Overheard comments about food, very deep fat fryer fare. Do as a colleague and I did, take a five min walk into the town to a host of eateries. Overall pleasant but like my school report could do better !

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Now the darling children have grown up and didnt want to come on holiday with us, we (the missus and I, 37 & 42), decided that we could either do the usual thing of going to a caravan park or go to a Premier Inn.
We usually book a last minute caravan park a week or two before we go. Having decided we wanted to go to Kent, we checked out the caravan site prices 3 months before we went.
A platinum caravan would cost us £1000 at that point in time (ouch)! So out of curiosity, we had a look to see how much a PI would cost.
We were amazed! A brand new PI in Maidstone, Air Con, Our fave restaurant (Thyme) next door, for £300 for 7 days!!! Thats not to mention the fact we would get fresh towels, clean facilities and other bits and bobs we wouldnt get on a caravan site. All that was missing was the entertainment, and we found that by going out!
This PI, like so many we have stayed in, really was bang on! Nothing to moan about hotel wise. BUT!!!! The parking is an issue. Im sure other have commented about this. There is a car park with several spaces against the hotel, the car park does belong to the hotel. The PI is on an island though which not only is on a one way system, but also on a hill. If you arent careful, you can overshoot the entrance first time. Getting into the car park can be an issue too. However the biggest issue is with the leaving of the car park. Because of the one way system and the speed of the traffic coming at you, and the exit being on a steep hill, you could easily burn your clutch out.
Little niggles with hotel tho include a light bulb missing in bedside lamp and fixing couldnt be fixed. Kettle quite noisy so tv had to be turned up briefly. these are just minor niggles tho.
The car park exit did wrangle with us too...
Mind you, if youre clever, you may find other ways to leave the car park!
Hotel is within 5 mins walking distance of Maidstone West rail station. Theres a frequent service to Strood or Tonbridge which will take you into London. Fares not bad (£34 for 2 returns)
Hotel fantastic, staff fantastic, restaurant fantastic. Would I return? YES!!!!

Room Tip: Theres 3 floors. Try and go high as poss as it does eliminate sound from below. Air con is not nois...