“rustic feel and fab food”
Review of Turning Tables - CLOSED

Turning Tables
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Using the best fresh and organic produce that Kent has to offer, Turning Tables has brought the farm shop restaurant concept to Maidstone. From English and continental breakfasts and high-quality coffees to hearty farmhouse-style mains and indulgent puddings, Turning Tables has something for every time of day. Its traditional Sunday roasts with seasonal vegetables are also well worth discovering.
kent, england
“rustic feel and fab food”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

this restaurant had been recommended to us by friends and we gave it a try on the spur of the moment. Cant find any thing bad to say about it...from the welcome by the chamingly casual, friendly Barry - through the fabulous food - to the friendly other diners.
We couldn't resist trying the quail eggs as an appetiser and these lovely little tit-bits were a sign of things to come. The menu has great variation...my husband had goats cheese on mushroom followed by stuffed bream and I had grilled sardines with a main of goat curry (cant resist something new!). We had a table close to the open-view kitchen and it was clear by the care shown by the chef in the presentation of each plate that he is a man who loves his work, and it showed...the food was excellent! And Barry told us he wasn't even the head chef!!
The room has a kind of farmhouse feel with dried flowers and flowerpots of cutlery which added to the charm.
Very reasonable on the pocket too.
We will be back and recommending this little gem to anyone who'll listen.

• Visited April 2013

“Perfect end to a lovely day out”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This was my 2nd visit to Turning Tables. I was lucky enough to have a groupon voucher this time, but would have gone there anyway. The food is varied, tasty and well cooked. Barry, our waiter and the Maltese chef were very knowledgable and helpful with the menu. I had the Mushroom & goats cheese starter and the Blade of Beef main, both were excellent. I wasn't going to have a pudding but the chef sent out his Maltese version of Bread & Butter pudding for my friend & I to sample, again it was excellent with so many flavours coming through. I can't wait to visit Turning Tables again.

Visited April 2013
uk
“Where was Masterchef ?”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Our first visit here turned out to be a revelation! We went for midweek for an early dinner and by the time we left there were 9 occupied tables.

The interior is like nothing else in Maidstone, unique, light and airy.

The menu was eclectic and varied all at reasonable pricing, When the food was served it was extremly good quality and plenty of it. My husband had the pate and I the pulled pork warm salad.. This was followed up with the Bream and Beef. All the dishes would have won praise on Mastercef for taste and presentation. Well done! We did not have room for a sweet but both enjoyed a great coffee to finish.

Will go back very soon.

2 Thank moomyUk
london
“Great food, great service!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I ate here for the first time a couple nights ago. I had the prawns and mussels, and my friend had the pork salad and steak. All courses were superb and the waiter, Barry, was incredibly friendly and went above and beyond to ensure we had a pleasant evening, including substituting part of my friend's meal with something else due to him being dairy intolerant.

It's a really friendly, welcoming little restaurant with excellent service - would definitely eat here again and recommend to friends!

1 Thank kaz3108
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Will be back!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a Groupon voucher which turned out be great value. Food was excellent, as was the service from Barry. Varied menu - I had the the baked Bream which was delicious. We went early evening midweek so the restaurant wasn't busy, but I can imagine with more people the atmosphere could be fantastic.Will return next time we visit Maidstone.

1 Thank lynager