“Turning Tables Great New Restaurant In Maidstone”
Review of Turning Tables - CLOSED

Turning Tables
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Using the best fresh and organic produce that Kent has to offer, Turning Tables has brought the farm shop restaurant concept to Maidstone. From English and continental breakfasts and high-quality coffees to hearty farmhouse-style mains and indulgent puddings, Turning Tables has something for every time of day. Its traditional Sunday roasts with seasonal vegetables are also well worth discovering.
Reviewed December 8, 2012

Great food and service, Rib Eye Steak perfect friendly staff a lovely evening will certainly be going back a great new restaurant in Maidstone

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Pulled in by a referral, I visited this Farmshop/Restaurant/Sandwich Bar for a mid morning breakfast as an alternative to a greasy spoon. Their English Breakfast is not only incredibly unique for Kent but also to DIE for. I was confidently assured that all the ingredients were grilled to minimise fat and made with organic ingredients. Easily the best sausage/bacon/eggs/tomatos I've ever had and without the guilt that usually follows! Served with Teapigs tea off a huge tea menu. You'll really struggle (like I did) not to pick up some of the local delights on your way out (Kent juices/ciders, homemade cakes and traditional confectionary). A huge achievement and a breath of fresh air to this area of Kent. Can't say enough about it, highly recommended.

2  Thank Ashley T
Reviewed December 3, 2012

we dined there last Saturday - staff couldn't be more helpful and attentive, the service - with a smile - is by far the best we've experienced in Maidstone town centre. Menu is interesting, food nicely presented, we were with a large party and still everyone was served at same time - we're definitely going back for more.

2  Thank bobAntwerp_Belgium
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Absolutely fantastic restaurant to visit and have a delishious meal; everything cooked beautifully; very kind and very helpfull staff and have i mentionned the food being fantastic!!!!!! You will not be disappointed!!!! Guaranteed!!!

2  Thank chelonis
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I visited Turning Tables recently, the restaurant decor is very cool and current! You can see the kitchen and the chefs busy at work from the restaurant.

The service is actually the best I have ever had from a restaurant in Maidstone town centre, We noticed that all tables including the large tables had all their food brought out together which is lovely. Wine and water was poured for guests at regular intervals.

The drinks are priced fairly and it's nice to see some local choices which is nice to see (Chapel Down wine from Tenterden, a local ale and a local ciders from memory).

While the menu is small (probably wise for a new restaurant, do everything on the menu well) it had some interesting choices (goat curry with rice and peas anyone? Yum!.

We had some warmed pitta with tzatziki and houmouswhile we waited for our main. For mains my wife went for the Moroccan couscous and vegetables and I really fancied a burger for a change. The Moroccan dish was piping hot and lovely, mildly spiced and a large portion size. My burger came with blue cheese, hand cut fancy chips with a lovely chutney. The Burger came medium rare and was still juicy, the chips were lovely. I struggled to finish the portion size!

We didn't have room for a dessert but they sounded lovely, next time!

It's great to see a new independent restaurant in Maidstone, there are too many faceless chains in our town. I would recommend a visit, we'll be going back soon to try out the SUnday roast.

2  Thank TimShawUK