“Lovely!”
Review of Turning Tables - CLOSED

Turning Tables
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Using the best fresh and organic produce that Kent has to offer, Turning Tables has brought the farm shop restaurant concept to Maidstone. From English and continental breakfasts and high-quality coffees to hearty farmhouse-style mains and indulgent puddings, Turning Tables has something for every time of day. Its traditional Sunday roasts with seasonal vegetables are also well worth discovering.
Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I visited Turning Tables recently, the restaurant decor is very cool and current! You can see the kitchen and the chefs busy at work from the restaurant.

The service is actually the best I have ever had from a restaurant in Maidstone town centre, We noticed that all tables including the large tables had all their food brought out together which is lovely. Wine and water was poured for guests at regular intervals.

The drinks are priced fairly and it's nice to see some local choices which is nice to see (Chapel Down wine from Tenterden, a local ale and a local ciders from memory).

While the menu is small (probably wise for a new restaurant, do everything on the menu well) it had some interesting choices (goat curry with rice and peas anyone? Yum!.

We had some warmed pitta with tzatziki and houmouswhile we waited for our main. For mains my wife went for the Moroccan couscous and vegetables and I really fancied a burger for a change. The Moroccan dish was piping hot and lovely, mildly spiced and a large portion size. My burger came with blue cheese, hand cut fancy chips with a lovely chutney. The Burger came medium rare and was still juicy, the chips were lovely. I struggled to finish the portion size!

We didn't have room for a dessert but they sounded lovely, next time!

It's great to see a new independent restaurant in Maidstone, there are too many faceless chains in our town. I would recommend a visit, we'll be going back soon to try out the SUnday roast.

2  Thank TimShawUK

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This modern/rustic styled restaurant is a great addition to Maidstone's restaurant scene. The Manu ranges from homemade cakes and sandwiches to varied main meals. The drinks menu boasts loads of varieties of teas, coffee and Kentish fruit juice to local cider and delicious milkshake/sundaes! It's reasonably priced and well placed for a mid-shopping lunch stop.

1  Thank j5183v
Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife & I visited last night after a recommendation and were very pleasantly surprised. Friendly welcoming staff, simple (clean) country kitsch décor and nice simple but appetising menu. My wife & I opted for the slow cooked Blade Of Beef, which was beautiful. Service was polite and attentive.

Our only criticism would be the heating, or rather the lack of it, as we found ourselves rather chilly and the one visible air conditioner (even though we were sitting near it) did seem to be able to heat such a large dining space. Hopefully this will be addressed for the chilly winter months ahead.

This did not put us off and we will return... with a jumper next time ;-)

2  Thank TheBrenchley
Reviewed November 28, 2012

I went here for lunch today with my parents, the staff were very friendly and diligient. Efficient without being pushy. I have a severe nut allergy and the chef/waiting staff were very accommodating and reassuring about this, taking extra care with the preperation of my food. The decor is simple rustic charm and the toilets were clean and well supplied/serviced. The food was lovely, we had the pulled pork salad and shell on prawns. The only minor negative I could say is that it was a little expensive for the portion sizes (£4.99 for a starter sized portion), that said the food, staff and atmosphere were worth the few extra pounds. It is so nice to eat in an individual and non chain restaurant in Maidstone. I will be going back to try the dinner service and as another reviewer has said the Sunday lunch looked good value for money.

2  Thank Joanna R
Reviewed November 25, 2012

lovely restaurant , fresh food, i have eaten here with different people three times since it has opened and everyone has loved it , Sunday roast is great and such good value and the owners and staff are very welcoming . The upstairs is being converted into a venue , i look forward to seeing whats going to be on there. So nice to have a great non chain restaurant in town

1  Thank fluffylex