“Excellent lunches”

Frederic Cafe Bistro
Ranked #2 of 309 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: French, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Small independent cafe-bistro serving provincial French "peasant food" - This is not fine dining! Its loud, noisy and rustic.
“Excellent lunches”
Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Been in several times with my mum Monday lunchtimes! Lovely attentive staff! Good quality food, very well presented and no skimping on portions! A little piece of France! Looking forward to visiting for an evening meal!! Such a refreshing change to the norm! Please continue with the high standard!

1 Thank Debbie P

Limerick, Ireland
“A great evening!”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Top class! Probably the best breast of duck that I ever enjoyed, my 3 dining companions all enjoyed their food as well, coupled with great service made for an excellent evening.

Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Romantic atmosphere, great food, great service”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I've not eaten in all of the restaurants in Maidstone, but out of those I have, this is by far the best. I went for the first time last night to celebrate my birthday with my wife and it surpassed expectations. The atmosphere in this small but definitely not cramped bistro was really special - romantic, intimate, relaxed. The food was really great (the photos on this site don't do justice) and the service was friendly and attentive - just right!
I love these independent places and Maidstone has been crying out for another one. This is a great addition. I will definitely be going again.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Nick M
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“What a Find !!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Tucked away just behind the 'Hazlet theatre ' in the town centre of Maidstones Corn Exchange ,you'll find this traditional French Restaurant serving some of the most delectable menus .Our visit on a midweek lunchtime just before twelve, to sample the specials menu was good timing as the place filled up very quickly .A very comprehensive selection was wittled down to the Rabbit dish for me & an Omelet for my Wife.My dish was deboned Rabbit in a mustard,garlic & wine sauce ,served with fresh veg' & sauted new potatoes.A plate of fresh baguette for sauce mopping is a must !! What a supurb meal ..My Wifes innocent looking omelette was a total success .Made with three eggs & stuffed full of green beans ,onions blue cheese & tomato.Served with real French fries ,has the accolade of being the BEST EVER omelette .A very comprehensive selection of wines & beers are available ,along with a real coffee machine .You really could be in a traditional French village Bistro ,such is the atmosphere .Can't wait to go back !!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank peter w
Gillingham, United Kingdom
“Great lunch!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We went today for lunch on recommendation. The location is easy to find just at the back of the theatre in a wonderful old passageway flanked by interesting shops. The feel of this restaurant is decidedly French, I felt as though I had crossed the channel and was there.
The food and wine very, very good and the point is everything freshly prepared and cooked to order.
I had a wonderful goats cheese salad and all the ingredients tasted wonderful, a nice touch the warm cheese resting on warm tomatoes.
My partner had a steak salad, he asked for the steak blue and the chef came and checked if he would like a different cut at not extra charge because it would be better cooked this way, a nice touch and proved this chef knew his stuff.
In the event the steak arrived perfectly cooked. We followed lunch with pear frangipan tart and chocolate and raspberry brownies which my partner (who is adores brownies) declared the best he had ever tasted, anywhere in the world! We finished with coffee and that was excellent too. A definite recommendation, if you like authentic beautifully cooked and seasoned food. We are looking forward to our next visit.

• Visited July 2014