“Shocking rude place, throwback from the 70's”

Chiappini's Restaurant
Ranked #231 of 311 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
“Shocking rude place, throwback from the 70's”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I used to visit this place a fair bit, even though the food was mediocre but you could be guaranteed a seat in a busy shopping centre, that was until we met the owner. One Sunday, we took our one year old niece to the cafe and sat down, only to be told to move by a miserable member of staff to move as we were too close to the checkout. We then moved out of the way, only to have the rude Italian manager shout at us to move even though we already had.
My advice is to avoid this pathetic place and eat elsewhere. The management do not appreciate your custom.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank stimpouk

London, United Kingdom
“Amazingly bad!”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Do'n know how someone can F.....K a cup of coffee, well they did.

The coffee was tasteless and the ice cream was Ice and tasted of water. We left it all and make a promise to ourselves to not to ever come back.

We just came out of the hospital and went there for a treat. If I knew this we would stay in the hospital drinking their instant coffee.

It Is like going back in time to the 70s. The decor is atrocious and I could see that the waiters didn't want to be there. They were slow and they didn't smile once.

The fountain inside is just a laugh! why in hell you put a fountain inside a coffee shop? It sounds like a toilet gone wrong.

I will only come back if a gun was pointed to my head. And still will probably decide not to go!

I know it is a harsh comment but this is why the coffee chains are doing well. You just can't get a great coffee these days in any other shop.

If I was the owner I will change everything about it. starting from the coffee machine.

David

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank David V
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“QUALITY”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

i cmae here with my family and i had a chocolate cake it was lovely and i had a lovey bone free sandwich.also i had the soda fountain.i will continue coming back here forever

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank jacobkings
“Love it”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Got to be one of the bestcoffee shops you can find. what a brilliant place to relax, chill out and watch the world go by. cappucino, latte, expresso what ever you choose you wont be dissapointed. Dont expect a 3 course meal, the breakfast is 2nd to none and the selection of meals available throughout the day are very good value. Sandwiches, cakes etc all fresh and very nice the same as the meals. the place is spotlessley clean, staff are very efficient friendley and very presentable. time and time again i use this place and have never found anything to moan about. definatley worth a visit.

1 Thank indet
“You've got to go for the comedy value....”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

.....This place is unreal. For a start, it's not an Italian restaurant as listed on Yell.com, it's a self service cafeteria in the middle of Chequers Shopping centre. I have never seen such miserable, surly, aggresive and rude staff in my life. The staff or owner may be Italian but it's as far from Italian as you can get. In Italy they're friendly!!!! No one here speaks or makes eye contact. And they have no system of service, so the food goes round and round the room and the waiters don't know where they're going, or even what food is actually on the plates they're holding, so ultimately don't expect hot food.

How they've managed to survive in what is now a customer service conscious culture, I shall never know. But I beg you to go just to watch the staff. Last time I went it took two of them to wipe a table. Seeing is believing!!

• Visited October 2012