“Bland”
Review of The Bull

The Bull
Ranked #113 of 344 Restaurants in Maidstone
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family friendly Maidstone pub - be sure to try out our sharing platters and our great range of local real ales
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Service good, food pretty bland I am afraid. We did go at short notice late on a Saturday night but still? I would suggest they concentrate on quality rather than the number if items on the menu. We had a mix from the menu but I was most disappointed by, the specials of which there were three different pies, so not so special, but be they should be a chance to show off. To their credit, the specials were very cheap so with a little more care they would be very good value.

Please try harder as it would be nice for the Bull to be a nice local food pub. Will try again in trust that you will improve.

4  Thank savethearthformykids

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I hadn't seen the previous reviews on here which I'm really pleased about because I probably wouldn't have eaten here.

This place is lovely, there is a large enclosed garden with a wooden frame with slide for the kids to play on. The food was excellent, we had hunters chicken and it was so much nicer than the usual chain pub resturants we eat in and around the same price too. The meals are also huge! Both kids loved their giant kids meals with my oldest giving it 500 stars out of 5!

The staff were friendly and helpful and the added bonus for us was that the dog was allowed in. Always hard to find somewhere to eat with the kids and take the dog.

All in all a great place to eat and play! We will be back. :-)

2  Thank Cherubee
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I only moved to Kent in January and when I discovered The Bull with my boyfriend we loved it so much we went back time and time again!
We ate there last week, it seems to be under new management, the lovely menu has been changed so all the side dishes and exciting dishes with their lovely little extras etc have gone. We ordered anyway and I'm really sorry to say the food was not even close to what it was before, we're gutted, until last week I would have recommended it to anyone, now I wouldn't risk it :-(

1  Thank Helen B
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Four of us went for Sunday lunch to celebrate my sister-in-law birthday. What a terrible disappointment ,we waited 1 hour for our meal when the meals came,my roast was cold I had to send it back. The other meals where badly presented more like something in a transport cafe. Sorry we won't return .

Reviewed May 25, 2014

We have lived in the area for over a year now and visited The Bull Inn for the first time yesterday (May 24th) and we were really pleased with the pub. The food was great and the staff friendly. Look forward to eating and drinking there soon. We'll done.

1  Thank jason B