“Very enjoyable evening”

Cuisines: British, Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We went to Bridges on the recommendation of our son and were not disappointed. He had raved about the tapas but had not eaten off the main restaurant menu. I'm a fussy eater but found that there was a good choice on the menu which was also reasonably priced. The food was well presented, plentiful and enjoyable. The staff were also happy to make changes such as choice of vegetables if you asked. The restaurant is situated in a unique location overlooking the river. The staff were attentive and friendly and overall the restaurant has an up market feel but with a warm and inviting atmosphere. We would be quite happy to take family/friends there in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

First visit to bridges and was pleasantly surprised. The food was very nice. I had steak with chips and a gorgeous mushroom sauce. The food was presented very well and I thought the prices were quite reasonable as the place is a bit more special than your average restaurant.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Went to Bridges over the weekend on a "date night" with my husband and we had the nicest evening we have had for a long time! First time to Bridges and were greeted as we walked in with good service and a smile. Booked in for our 8.15pm slot, ordered a drink and went and sat in the bar overlooking the river waiting to be called upstairs for our meal - very pleasant.

When we were escorted up to the restaurant our drinks were taken for us which we thought was a nice touch and when we got to the top of the stairs... we knew we were in for a fantastic evening. Not only does the restaurant look lovely, but we found - much to our pleasure - that one of our favourite restaurant managers (who we had not seen for a while) was managing Bridges - wonderful and we will most certainly be back!

Onto the food and wine.... the menu catered well for all types of tastes... we had the prawn and crab to start with and it was devine! never had it served this way before but defintely would like to have it again. For mains we both ate steak (we're not that adventurous ha ha ha) and I have to say that we both thought that they were among the best we have ever tasted... cannot comment on the desserts as we were way too full! We drank Chardonnay and way too much of it - cannot remember the name, but again was one of the nicest we have had for a long time.

All in all - a really wonderful evening. Great food, great ambiance and a great setting! Max is the most charming host and he has not lost his magic and sparkle, the waitresses were all very attentive and welcoming - which I imagine is all down to his great management style from past experience.... defintely cannot wait to go back, so thank you for a great evening guys!!

1  Thank BBoopluvstravel
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went here for my brother's wedding reception. The owners and staff were very attentive and helped make it a day to remember. All the food was lovely and they even did special meals for the children. On one of the hottest days of the year we finished the day sitting outside next to the river, wonderful!

1  Thank Debs L
Michael5858, Owner at Bridges Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2013

Thank you for your kind words, hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went here with my partner one day for a quick lunch. After sitting down I was a little worried about our choice of venue based on the menu we were handed (plastic, awful pictures and spelling mistakes galore).

We stuck with it though as I recognised one of the front of house (he used to be front of house at The Beeches along Seven Mile Lane) and he's a very friendly and lovable character. He hasn't changed, still infectiously happy.

We ordered some king/tiger prawns in garlic butter (on the advice of the waiter - we were thinking about the calamari). Pleased to say we made the right choice. They were huge and delicious.

The tomato and mozzarella salad we also ordered was a massive disappointment though. Over £5 for half a tomato and a couple of slices of rubbery cheese. Avoid by all costs.

We also had a pizza each and I'm pleased to say these were of a high quality - beautiful dough for the base.

Overall I would go back. I liked the service and the majority of the food. I found it a little expensive, but with a few tweaks it has the potential to be a winner. Keep trying guys.

Hi there, first of all thank you for your nice comments about my staff and the majority of the food.

I am pleased to tell you i took into account your comment and other reviewers comments about the 'tacky' menu's and have reviewed them all and changed them completely and have taken off and added on different dishes.

We hope to see you again soon.