“quality and class 10 out of 10” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bridges Wine Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Bridges Wine Bar & Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean, Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view
Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“quality and class 10 out of 10”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

As a chef myself i tend to be very critical of dining out however I've eaten here twice now and it is perfect, totally faultless, the restaurant is decorated to a high standard and the location on the river is stunning. This is going to become a Maidstone goldmine, I cant believe I found it by accident I didn't even know it had opened.

First time a couple of months ago my friends and I were seated downstairs for lunch and the quality and presentation of the food for all of us went far beyond our expectations. One of the best lunches I have had in a long time, I instantly wanted to come back for dinner.... compliments to the chef!!! I must admit it was a nice surprise to see the chef was female. There ins't many of us girls in the trade

I came back with friends for dinner last week and was taken upstairs, my only note is that the upstairs restaurant for the fine dining will not be accessable to anyone with mobility issues due to the spiral staircase so I will be unable to bring my elderly mother which is a shame. The food was again fantastic, steak literally melts in the mouth, cooked to perfection but remember to leave room for dessert the chocolate fondant is to die for. It was a shame I was too full to finish it

The service on both occasions was prompt and attentive, nothing was too much trouble. I'll defiantly be back

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank trippyaccount

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Memorable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

Bridges, over the past couple of months, has become a favorite meeting place for my friends and I thanks to its relaxed atmosphere and location on the walk into town. We ventured in there rather tentatively but were very impressed by the renewed decor and friendly owner. The cocktail menu is a little expensive (£7 a go) but everything has been extremely nice and bar staff are always willing to give suggestions and test new recipes! The atmosphere is very pleasant int he downstairs bar area which seems to be getting busier which each week.

Having heard very few reviews of the food first hand but being impressed by the menu, I took my partner for a meal on Tuesday. We were given our usual warm welcome by the owner who showed us to our table looking over the night lit town and river Medway. Service was very good with a good wine menu, as you'd expect! We were given bread as we awaited our starters. I strongly recommend the duck salad which was absolutely divine. There is a good selection of foods from burgers and pastas to steaks and lobsters all covering a range of tastes and prices. The menu certainly wasn't overwhelming however.

The mains were equally delightful and desserts tasted absolutely stunning. After our meal, the owner very kindly gave us two glasses of sparkling wine on the house. It's extremely nice to be recognised and made to feel special in what is looking to become a fine dining restaurant. We got a 20% discount on our meal (available Mondays and Tuesdays if you have the phone app) which made it extremely well priced but I would have been happy to pay without the discount. Including discount we paid £27 per head for three courses each and a bottle of wine between us. The service and friendly atmosphere made it worth every penny!

We will certainly be going back for regular drinks and shall be eating here on special occasions in the near future. Thanks to all for making the night so special and I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tom P
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2012

Fantastic evening , perfect food , perfect wine ,would def recommend the fillet steak .
So nice to catch up with Carmelo .

1 Thank Roff08
“Sublime”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Had a fantastic meal with top service. The staff even paid compliment to my tailored Adidas tracksuit, which my Mum had spent a few minutes ironing. The excellently trained waiters even refused a scruffily dressed guy entry. I couldn't believe someone could attend a restaurant wearing a pair of tailored shorts and a polo shirt! Anyway, top restaurant, 100%

2 Thank LeeAdidas
Chatham, United Kingdom
“Retirement party”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Recently had a retirement party for my sister at Bridges restaurant.
The food, service and overall experience was excellent.
Fantastic choice of food, all beautifully cooked and presented, nothing was too much trouble and the price was reasonable.
Would reccomend this restaurant to anyone, especially for a special occasion it will be memorable.

• Visited September 2012