“Amazing Find!”

Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
“Amazing Find!”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

We visited this pub based on TA reviews.
The food was excellent and far above what you would expect in a Pub.
We all agreed that it was the best meal we have had whilst in England.
The crumbed Camembert and the Foie Gras were sensational.

Visited June 2013

• Polish first
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Good family meal out”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Seven of us (4 adults, 3 children) had a meal here at the end of May. It was easy to find by satnav, and there was parking.
It's a cheerful pub with a good atmosphere and appeared popular. My sister-in-law's children were somewhat of a trial - they kept running about (sorry to other diners!) but no-one appeared to take umbrage.
The food was delicious and plentiful - I had the pork belly and it was divine and well-presented; the others were similarly impressed with their food.
Drinks were good, if a little pricey (my husband says they were average - I obviously don't get out enough!)
All in all, a good family night out. Thanks to the staff.

• Visited May 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Lovely Evening!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The Redstart is a fantastic pub for food - when we arrived there was a warm and inviting atmosphere. The staff who greeted us for friendly and welcolming. Tonight was the launch of their new menu and the staff apologised for any extra waiting timewe had (we didn't have to wait any longer than I would have expected to)

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The food was absolutely amazing, my goats cheese salad starter in particular was deliciousas was my 28 day rump with fois gras and my hubby's lamb. Even my extremely picky 9 year old son ate everything in sight and asked when we could go back (believe me that means this place is exceptionally good!)

Thank you to all the wonderful staff formaking my birthday meal out of this world!

• Visited June 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great 50th Birthday!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

I recently had my 50th birthday party in The Redstart with 50 of my friends and family. It was a really great evening thanks to Kasia's organising and Dan's excellent food! We pretty much had the whole place to ourselves and everyone spread out, relaxed and enjoyed themselves, thanks, in part, to the live acoustic music and free bar arranged by my partner Louise. A great night was had by all and I still have people saying to me how good the food was, with special mention made about the beef (cooked to perfection!) and the vegetable curry which, despite being replenished on at least one occasion, I didn't actually get to eat, although I am advised by everyone it was a taste sensation...! Thanks again to Kasia and all the staff for a most enjoyable and memorable evening.

• Visited December 2012
Crewkerne, United Kingdom
“evening meal”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Allington Premier Inn for one night and were looking for somewhere to eat in the evening. We found this pub on the internet and were impressed by the good reviews. We were not disappointed, lovely food, reasonable prices and a good atmosphere. Would certainly go again.

• Visited May 2013