“Best fish and chips in Maidstone”
Review of The Redstart Inn

The Redstart Inn
Ranked #41 of 319 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: European, British, Pub, Gastropub
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Kent
“Best fish and chips in Maidstone”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Had a SUPERB meal in the redstart the other night. The food was excellent, the fish and chips are sublime, they are the best fish and chips in Maidstone. I had liver and bacon which was very good with creamy mash and vegetables.

1 Thank Seymours

• Polish first
Maidstone
“Valentines Meal 2013”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Extremely easy to book over the telephone, unfortunately when we arrived they had no record of the booking. No problem though they found a table for us. Again unfortunately it was by the kitchen doors into the restaurant area and was this a bit cold for my lady wife, and we noticed others had jackets on as well..

The food however was excellent. Bouillabaisse as my starter (first time I had tried it) was wonderful. Steaks afterwards were mouthwatering....too much food passed our lips to have the 3rd Course so we settled for just Ice Cream - but even that was special. Good selection of beers on sale.

My only faults (and it is a personal opinion) is that it is too bright in there. A bit Canteen or cafe style for me. Tone it down, with subdued lighting and it would be lovely. My wife however thought I was being picky on that as a fault.

Excellent parking available outside, although we went by taxi.

2 Thank GraemeMaidstone
Hythe, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My mum lived down the road for almost twenty years and we never once set foot in the Redstart.

What a mistake!!

It doesn't look that exciting from the outside, but once inside the modern decor and furnishings give you an idea that things might be out of the ordinary.

We had a buffet for twenty people for a special occasion and it was perfect. The right combination for veggies and meat eaters.

Just a shame that the Kozel had sold out and I had to make do with an Urquell.

When we are over there again, we must go and try a meal in the restaurant.

One quirk is that whilst they like dogs, and even provide dog treats, that if you have one you need to sit at the end of the bar near the men’s loo!!

1 Thank InvictaMoto
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great Pub, Great Food, Great Staff.”
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I`ve eaten at the Redstart several times now, and have never been disappointed. Whatever the size of your group, the staff will do all in their power to make sure you have a great time, and nothing is too much trouble. Kasia and the staff all work really hard, but you can always guarantee a warm welcome and a smile.
The pub has a lovely family atmosphere, and is very relaxed and welcoming. Even when it is very busy, you don`t have to wait long for food, and everything I have eaten has been great quality and value. I have been to the Redstart with friends and family, and we`ve had no complaints.
If you haven`t already been to the Redstart, give it a try. I`m sure you won`t be disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Billy C
“Busy Friday night”
Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Booked and slotted in well at short notice.2 menu's running picked off non Christmas,busy restaurant well paced service,cooked to order,good atmosphere and time spent on the personal touch.one of many visits,have recommended to friends. Many thanks Maureen and mike.