“A cafe Rogue”

Cafe Rouge - Maidstone
Ranked #44 of 319 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Situated a short walk away from the River Medway, Café Rouge Maidstone serves a delicious menu of French food all day long. Drop by for a coffee and croissant, baguette, salad, steak and much more. The uniquely designed Maidstone Museum - Maidstone's most popular tourist attraction - is located nearby.
“A cafe Rogue”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Greta in the fact you can sit outside if you so desire. The food was good as you would expect of the chain. Not cheap but very enoyable.

Visited July 2012

• Polish first
Maidstone
“Terrific charity night, when can you do it again?”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Cafe Rouge put on some very good entertainment and gave £10-00 per person on the fixed price menu of £30-00 to the Rainbow trust. The singer was very good and the food was excellent. It's not often that you can get a 3 course meal, wine and music for that price! The service was first class and I can't wait to go back again. I even won something on the raffle. A fairly minor gripe however, The door was left open all evening and the table I was sitting at had a cold draught across it all night. Other restaurants in the area still get customers with the doors closed, why can't you close yours?

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“They just do it right.”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Good menu, lots of variety. Our waitress was very good. Good drinks selection. The food we had was excellent. Something to suit all tastes.

Visited July 2012
Maidstone
“Cafe Rouge Maidstone”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Slightly wary about lunching here because having 'moaned" in the past I can see the staff almost recoiling as I enter the building. If I could mind read I think they would be saying " oh gawd it's him again". Nevertheless they were very pleasant and attentive but I am afraid here comes the moan. Ordered a steak bavette which was cooked to perfection. A steak knife was provided but I would suggest a chainsaw would have been more appropriate. Said to have been hung for 21 days but with respect I would suggest that their butcher should be hung for a similar period.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Dirty menu card was enough to make us leave”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Ugh!...we'd booked for lunch but when the waiter showed us to our seats and handed us a filthy, greasy menu card we felt sick to our stomachs. Couldn't believe he hadn't noticed how it was spotted with food, and covered in grease with sticky fingerprints both on the front and the back.
In a place where I'm going to eat I want to be sure that the usual standards of cleanliness and hygiene are observed...........this did not give us any confidence that the kitchens were any better than the card. Gross!
We asked for another menu and pointed out why. The waiter made no comment, but went off to the till area, but then instead of coming back to us straightaway he went off to serve another table leaving us waiting! It felt like he was making us wait deliberately. How rude! We decided to get up and leave, and would have explained to someone why but there was no sign of anyone in charge. All in all a horrible experience!

1 Thank Getset9