“1st class”

Vesuvius
Ranked #14 of 335 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Traditional Southern Italian Restaurant offering authentic Italian food, with specifically sourced Italian ingredients.Pasta, pizza, seafood, meat (including veal and our famous meatballs), desserts and coffee all available to eat in or take away. Our food is cooked fresh and express, so do take it into considerations when yo are 1 of 70-80 guests trying to eat on a Saturday night.
Reviewed January 30, 2013

The food and service here is outstanding, proper cooking of the finest order served with without gimmicks like other restaurants seem to. Vesuvius let the quality of their ingredients and cooking do the talking and don't need to hide behind fancy plates, and ridiculous arty farty nonsense. I'm glad this resturant is out the way from the other restaurants in town as its special and is frequented by like minded people who want the best food and service in a totally relaxed and friendly environment.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I ate here with family in November on a Tuesday night for my Dad's birthday. My sister had heard good things and I'd read the good reviews for this relatively new restaurant.

Family run and very friendly the food was immaculate and also really reasonably priced.

I ordered a calzone and they even added an extra for me which wasn't on the menu which I thought was a nice touch. Apparently the chef tore my calzone so they made me a new one from scratch which meant a short wait whilst everyone else had already gotten their mains but the attention to detail meant I really didn't ,mind... How many chain restaurants out there would do the same or even notice?

Everyone enjoyed their meals - especially the meatballs which were amazing!

At the end of the meal everyone was offered a glass of limoncello on the house as an after dinner drink.

Good selection of authentic dishes, reasonably priced with an equally impressive drinks menu to go with it.

I will be going here again and look forward to this soon becoming the best restaurant in town!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been to vesuvius twice now, first for dinner and second for lunch. Both times have ranked in my best dining experiences, not just in maidstone and not only for italian food. The staff are attentive and friendly, but not overpowering, and allow you to enjoy your meal at your own pace; definately a rarity in the chain restaurant world we live in now. The food is definately several cuts above your zizzis and pizza expresses, the portions don't leave you wondering 'is that it?' and the beer and wine on offer is delicious. You're probably thinking where's the catch? Well, there isn't one, both times we've been so pleasantly surprised by the bill that we have tipped way over the standard 10%. In short, if you like good italian food and want to enjoy your meal in a lovely atmosphere and setting, visit vesuvius, it won't dissapoint.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited Vesuvius for the second time on Friday; I have to say it was as good as the first time. This place is such a find I still can't believe it's in Maidstone! The food is incredible, as is the service. Such a lovely, family run Italian restaurant. It manages to have that really romantic feel that the chain restaurants just don't have. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

1  Thank Suzanne D
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Versuvius twice now and I wish I could eat in there everyday. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and were really helpful when I booked for a large birthday party, they even made a birthday cake for me. The food is amazing, delicious, fresh and really authentic and there is so much to chose from, and its great value for money. Grandma's meatballs are the best ever! It makes such a difference from all the chain restaurants in Maidstone serving up microwaved pasta. My children are 1 and 2 and they were very welcome in the restaurant and they loved the food too. I will definitely be back with my family again and again!

1  Thank KLS1983