“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vesuvius

Vesuvius
Ranked #10 of 310 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Traditional Southern Italian Restaurant offering authentic Italian food, with specifically sourced Italian ingredients.Pasta, pizza, seafood, meat (including veal and our famous meatballs), desserts and coffee all available to eat in or take away. Our food is cooked fresh and express, so do take it into considerations when yo are 1 of 70-80 guests trying to eat on a Saturday night.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I've been to vesuvius twice now, first for dinner and second for lunch. Both times have ranked in my best dining experiences, not just in maidstone and not only for italian food. The staff are attentive and friendly, but not overpowering, and allow you to enjoy your meal at your own pace; definately a rarity in the chain restaurant world we live in now. The food is definately several cuts above your zizzis and pizza expresses, the portions don't leave you wondering 'is that it?' and the beer and wine on offer is delicious. You're probably thinking where's the catch? Well, there isn't one, both times we've been so pleasantly surprised by the bill that we have tipped way over the standard 10%. In short, if you like good italian food and want to enjoy your meal in a lovely atmosphere and setting, visit vesuvius, it won't dissapoint.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Yummy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I visited Vesuvius for the second time on Friday; I have to say it was as good as the first time. This place is such a find I still can't believe it's in Maidstone! The food is incredible, as is the service. Such a lovely, family run Italian restaurant. It manages to have that really romantic feel that the chain restaurants just don't have. Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

1 Thank Suzanne D
Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Maidstone by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been to Versuvius twice now and I wish I could eat in there everyday. The staff are so friendly and welcoming and were really helpful when I booked for a large birthday party, they even made a birthday cake for me. The food is amazing, delicious, fresh and really authentic and there is so much to chose from, and its great value for money. Grandma's meatballs are the best ever! It makes such a difference from all the chain restaurants in Maidstone serving up microwaved pasta. My children are 1 and 2 and they were very welcome in the restaurant and they loved the food too. I will definitely be back with my family again and again!

1 Thank KLS1983
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Really good food & service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

I ate here a few weeks ago, the food was delicious and the service was good if a little rushed as they were one member of staff down.
I will be going again.

Maidstone
“Delicious fresh food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've tried a couple of times at the last minute to get a table for dinner without any luck so decided to check this out for lunch and booked a table for two.

We were the first first (and only) guests at 12 noon when the restaurant opened. Warmly greeted by the staff and had a chocie of tables. A cosy little family type restaurant with a great menu. I chose calamari as a starter which was cooked to perfection followed by spaghetti with clams and cherry tomatoes - a great choice. My partner had a selection of char grilled aubergines, red peppers and corgettes in olive oil and a balsamic dressing followed by what looked like a real thin crusted margherita pizza which went down a treat.

Food and drink were both reasonably priced and I will definitely come here again to try more items on the menu.