This was an annual trip to Kent, with four nights at the Village, to coincide with Superbikes at Brands Hatch, and was with another couple. Car park is on several levels, would be difficult to access for anyone infirm and is always quite full. A popular venue for meetings and conferences. It also has a swimming pool and fitness centre which all add to the feeling of a busy hotel from early morning to late at night. This was the hottest spell of the summer so far with temperatures in the upper 20's. Unfortunate then that there was no air-con in the rooms and the air-con in the public rooms went down after a day or so, and was not fixed when we left. The room has a small oscillating fan which didn't help much except stirred the air round the room. Couldn't leave the windows open because of the noise outside and from the motorway. Very difficult to sleep. Room[ was adequate but TV had very limited channels. Bathroom and shower ok.
Breakfast disappointing with no muesli or dried fruit, no fried bread or hash browns with the hot breakfast and bruised and over-ripe apples on the fruit stand.
Contrast this with the evening meals in the same restaurant. Super food, really tasy, from a good menu. We had been given a special deal for dinner when checking in which the hotel didn't want to honour due to their mix up with the promotion but, after some pressure, because it was their mistake, they agreed to do the decent thing. No airconditioning in the restaurant made eating a very perspiring experience though.
Saving grace of the stay was the swimming pool, large and well organised. Used it every day and was glad of it to cool down.
Would use the hotel again but be a bit more choosy where I was put and would hope for less intense heat and temperatures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent