I need to preface this by saying that there was nothing REALLY wrong with this hotel...but given the reviews previously seen on here I expected more. We were there to attend a tribute night show...so rather than have one of us drive, we booked a room with breakfast.
The welcome was efficient...no more...not particularly friendly.
The rooms are comfortable enough if you're only staying one night...somewhere to lay your head with a good bed and adequate facilities. My first moan was the cleanliness of the room. I admit to being a "clean freak", particularly when it comes to bathrooms. Whilst the majority of the surfaces were clean (bath, sink toilet) the walls, vents, ceiling etc were all marked with stains, cobwebs, thick dust etc that had clearly been there a long time...so attention to detail by the housekeeping crew and inspection of their work by management is not very good.
The food served at the function was typical of the occasion...just about warm enough but not tasting of very much. The "red wine jus" that accompanied the pale, bland chicken had never seen any wine...I suspect it was gravy granules. The "Vanilla Cheesecake" had similarly never seen any vanilla...it was totally tasteless, and I (not known for turning down food on any occasion) couldn't eat it.
Drinks were typical hotel prices, but to their credit the Victory bar has some fantastic ales.
Breakfast the next day was a diffferent matter...probably the best breakfast I have ever had in a "chain" hotel. Really good quality food.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Village Urban Resort Maidstone is situated close to the River Medway and is perfectly located to explore Kent and beyond. From shopping at Bluewater to a trip to see the animals at Hop Farm Country Park; from a walk along the new Millennium riverside pathway or a trip back in time to the Museum of Kent Life or Leeds Castle, you'll find everything on your doorstep. Village Urban Resort Maidstone has 122 comfortable bedrooms, a choice of stylish dining or a traditional pub, Starbucks Coffee Shop, a state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Club, 25 Metre Swimming Pool, Meeting and Conference Centre, Live Party Nights, Wedding Licence, free wi-fi throughout the hotel and free parking. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Village Hotel Maidstone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Village Hotel And Leisure Club Maidstone
- Village Hotel Leisure Maidstone
- Village Hotel Maidstone Kent