“You pay for what you get”
Review of Newnham Court Inn

Newnham Court Inn
Ranked #141 of 345 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 8, 2013

If you want fine dining, don't expect it here.
If you want reasonable food at reasonable prices, or are eating on a budget, then this is the place for you.
The 2 for £10 offer is a good one to take up but be careful of the "add ons" as this will push the price up.

Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

Ok the first thing is the price, its cheap a lot of 2 4 10 pound deals and a load of money off meals and you have to take that into account when reading this because the food is nice not amazing but for this price very very good. If you want fine dining or an elegant meal with a bottle of red don't go to a pub but if you want to fill up have a couple of beers and a fun night with a few friends then go

1  Thank Jasonandloz
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Popped in quick , only 2 of us , 10 mins to wait for a table , menu's revised , much better selection .Food served quickly, had the XXL BURGER, good but the burger lacked seasoning , onions perhaps , did not taste that it had been on a grill ? Was not drinking ,special offer on wine still on ,but not highlighted ,cards propped up behind bar ,still misleading , but on the whole a reasonable night out.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have been visiting newnham court for years and there is usually a large group of us (at least 10). Overall all our visits have been average to good, but good enough for us to have come back time and time again. I have noticed that most times we go back there always seems to be a new menu, but rather than different food it is actually price increases. My last visit I was shocked by the price of food here. They advertise 2 meals for £10, there are actually very few meals now that are actually in this offer. Staff were polite can't knock them for that but mistakes were made with our food and it wasn't like they were busy, the pub wasn't even half full. Because of the large price increases we have decided to try other places in future.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's ok but ok isn't good enough in this day and age. The last visit we arranged my uncles wake because that was his wish before he died. It was pretty bad because they kept running out of cups for the older generation who like there tea and coffee and the platters of food were also being brought out sporadically. My wife had to keep cracking the whip behind the staff to keep it coming. When a platter of sandwiches came they were gone because people were waiting 20 minutes to half an hour for the next platter, my wife also started collecting cups and plates so they could wash them up because they ran out, it was like we were an inconvenience being there to the other diners and drinkers. if they don't want the business they shouldn't advertise that they cater for wakes, being close to the crematorium means they get lots of this business. When we booked the wake the choice of food per head was distinctly limited, my Aunt really didn't want to hold it here but wanted to comply with my uncles wishes more. Not a place on my radar to visit for a routine meal out with the family. We also had my uncles last family meal here as was his wish and in defence this was ok there were about 17 of us and the food came together and was hot, however its your usual 3663 beefeater/Harvester type pub fare, its ok but that's about it.

Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Newnham Court Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Noshfordosh

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Newnham Court Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards