“Overpriced pub grub at restuarant prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Newnham Court Inn

Newnham Court Inn
Ranked #104 of 309 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Overpriced pub grub at restuarant prices”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We have been visiting newnham court for years and there is usually a large group of us (at least 10). Overall all our visits have been average to good, but good enough for us to have come back time and time again. I have noticed that most times we go back there always seems to be a new menu, but rather than different food it is actually price increases. My last visit I was shocked by the price of food here. They advertise 2 meals for £10, there are actually very few meals now that are actually in this offer. Staff were polite can't knock them for that but mistakes were made with our food and it wasn't like they were busy, the pub wasn't even half full. Because of the large price increases we have decided to try other places in future.

• Visited September 2013

Marden, United Kingdom
“Visited 4 times now and twice as a venue for a wake”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

It's ok but ok isn't good enough in this day and age. The last visit we arranged my uncles wake because that was his wish before he died. It was pretty bad because they kept running out of cups for the older generation who like there tea and coffee and the platters of food were also being brought out sporadically. My wife had to keep cracking the whip behind the staff to keep it coming. When a platter of sandwiches came they were gone because people were waiting 20 minutes to half an hour for the next platter, my wife also started collecting cups and plates so they could wash them up because they ran out, it was like we were an inconvenience being there to the other diners and drinkers. if they don't want the business they shouldn't advertise that they cater for wakes, being close to the crematorium means they get lots of this business. When we booked the wake the choice of food per head was distinctly limited, my Aunt really didn't want to hold it here but wanted to comply with my uncles wishes more. Not a place on my radar to visit for a routine meal out with the family. We also had my uncles last family meal here as was his wish and in defence this was ok there were about 17 of us and the food came together and was hot, however its your usual 3663 beefeater/Harvester type pub fare, its ok but that's about it.

• Visited February 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Newnham Court Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Noshfordosh

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise that we failed to meet your expectations at the Newnham Court Inn in regards to the service you received. I can confirm that I have passed on your concerns to the management team who would like to investigate your feedback. We have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square
“A tad grubby!”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Although it cant be argued that the meals are reasonably priced, the quality is pretty bog standard, and on both occasions the cleanliness is pretty poor, sticky table's and food crumbs on table, seats and floor, below standard expected for a restaurant, but above your average greasy spoon!

• Visited August 2013
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Newnham Court Inn, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear chrisinkent73,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

Kind regards

Fayre & Square
London, United Kingdom
“needs better staff and more tlc”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

staff unhelpful coffee and tea cold no fresh milk no help with seving tea or coffee food
very poor half the food not cooked right burnt quiches sausages roll unerdone poorly laid out
first and last time there service none

1 Thank Lynda M
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“SLIGHTLY MISLEAD !”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went here recently arrived at 7.30 pm, and told 1/2 hr wait , which was quite acceptable , Went to the bar &asked for the wine list, avg glass was,£ 4 ,and a bottle was £ 11- £12 asked the bar staff what was the best deal, and told, "BUY A BOTTLE." which we did , we were seated within 1/2 hr , The meal was very good, afterwards we sat outside and saw a sign, which we had not seen on the way in," BUY 2 GLASSES OF WINE AND GET THE BOTTLE FREE " WE HAD NOT BEEN OFFERED THIS,SO I FELT SLIGHTLY MISLEAD.!!

1 Thank MARION H