“Slow slow slow”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Slow slow slow”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

This could be so much better. The food is ok and the drinks selection is good, but the service is the slowest I have ever experienced. I do not mind waiting for 25 minutes or so, but not 45.

The place was not overly busy so I do not understand why this is the case. It is a lovely building and is in a great spot but the slow service taints everything I can say about it.

I have read other reviews saying that the service was quick, but in my experience, and I have eaten there 3 times, this is not the case.

Please leave extra time if you eat here.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank bravurax

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Mothers Day”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and family took us to the Sir Thomas Wyatt on Mothering Sunday, WOW!!

The service was brilliant considersing how busy the place was, i thought it was going to be a complete nightmare going to a restaurant on Mothers Day. Greeted at the door by a really jolly manager (i've not seen before) who then got another manager to seat us. We were then served by a really happy waitress. Last time i went to the place the food was bad, but this time i could not fault it in any way. The Chicken i had was lovely, my husbands steak looked brilliant and my kids ate all theirs. I have given this place a wide birth for a while, but will be heading back very soon,

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank Ange2013
Knighton
“Group of 100”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We were a 100 strong group staying in the Premier Inn, giving concerts locally. On both mornings we had breakfast in the restaurant area, and both evenings we ended up at the bar. The staff were great and made us feel really welcome. We all had a very enjoyable time. Thank you.

• Visited March 2013
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Reliable expectation”
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

You know what you are going to get at a beefeater and this one didn't disappoint by any means, it met all our usual expectations as we were visiting family from out of our area.
Staff were friendly and service was efficient. All other elements met the usual beefeater standards. As werestaying at the premier inn this was particularly convenient.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“So unbelieveably bad it was almost funny!”
Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

We arranged to come here on the 16th feb for a valentines meal. We prebooked and selected the valentine menu. When we arrived we were kept waiting being told that they were incredibly busy. Eventually we were taken to our table. This was the biggest let down, bearing in mind we had booked the valentines menu, they sat us in the conservatory with a big family birthday party. We had young children running around us, loud music and bright lighting. I don't mind young children, I have one myself(!) however I do think management could have sat valentine couples trying to have a romantic meal away from partying families! This was completely inappropriate. Then the problems just went on, my husband asked for a refill, after asking 3 seperate people he got a refill but of the wrong drink! The food was tasteless, the cocktails included in the menu were disgusting and food looked as if it had been thrown on the plate. I could carry on but I won't bore you! One final note to management (if they ever read this!) please do think about where you seat guests especially when advertising a 'romantic' valentine menu, this can make or break an experience. I won't be back, nor will I be recommending this place to friends.