“Lovely staff, fabulous room”

The Townhouse Hotel
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Maidstone
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely staff, fabulous room”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

I booked four rooms for my friends and I (we were going to a wedding) Which was quite a responsibility! to my relief, all of us were so happy with the hotel. The staff gave us a really warm welcome, the carpark we used is next door (£4 for the night) the room was bright and fresh with The White Company soaps etc. and big kingsize bed. The food was amazing - we had a cheeky burger before the wedding which was fab and breakfast was great and cooked to order. If you're going to Maidstone, this is the place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank mazt36

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Leigh on sea
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Our stay was for shopping and an evening out . We had an excellent meal in the hotel restaurant and the staff were very friendly. The Town house is situated on the outskirts of the town and was still nice and quite. Slightly over priced but it is in town.. Would use again

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank mrsdoo1
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My Girlfriend and i were planning a trip to France (we live in Swansea) but decided that due to bank holiday traffic we would stay in the UK and Kent being the garden of England we thought would go there for the weekend, my brother recommended this place in Maidstone called the Town House Hotel which was close to Leeds castle, Canterbury and other sites we wanted to visit. We arrived on the Friday night and stayed until the Monday and it must say it was one of the most pleasant little hotels i have stayed in, the room had great decor and was spacious and very clean, the staff were very polite and gave a good impression, and to top it off after our visit to Leeds Castle on a rainy Saturday, we indulged in a lobster and steak bbq all afternoon which was just fantastic!
We ate again in the restaurant on the Monday before we left and the chef must be really talented as the food was again really good and great value.
I would have no problem staying there again and would highly recommend this hotel.

Stephen

Room Tip: All i can say is room 5 had great decor, was clean and quiet.
1 Thank Stephen M
Annan, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Welcoming and helpful, very convenient for the town centre. Looks like it has a very good restaurant although we didn't have the opportunity to use it. It was very hot when we were here but the room temperature was comfortable at night time.

Room Tip: We were in a family room on the ground floor, the room itself was good, only down side was the outlo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Cwb55
Kent
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed over in a twin room with another family member. I am familiar with the town and was delighted to find such a nice hotel in a very central location. I was concerned about the parking but it was a breeze. I parked in the adjacent Chequers multi-storey rooftop - you do need to go into the town centre and make sure you get on the roof top if at all possible otherwise it could be a bit of a pain. The arrangement was that for £4 I could park from 6 pm - 10 am; the hotel staff sorted it out and I paid them in the morning and just pressed the 'help' buzzer at the car park exit barrier and was let out. (Sounds like a faff but it really wasn't - try parking overnight in Brighton!!!).
Our room was more than adequate in size and spotlessly clean. A couple of little niggles about the room which could be easily sorted out and could have upped my rating to 'excellent' were no bathroom shelf for toiletries, shortage of sockets and no suitcase stand, I don't like having to put my case on the bed. And the perennial problem logging onto the WiFi. We didn't eat in the dining room but the menus read very well I must say. We had breakfast included in our Friday night rate (£99).
I found the coffee at breakfast very strong and would have like hot milk or cream. The 'butter' was the strangest that I've ever seen! An ice cream scoop of 'white' is the only way to describe it - I'd bet a lot of £ it was 'faux butter' aka marg. which is a shame because the cooked breakfast was lovely if somewhat huge! There wasn't any of the advertised home made granola and no fruit at all which was disappointing...details, details, details... The warm croissants were delicious however, we couldn't resist having one to share.
One final point would be to have a notice on the door as when the very imposing doors are shut it looked to me to be closed and a bit unwelcoming. Actually you just need to push them open but I honestly thought that the hotel was all shut up when we got there at 3.30pm..duh, but a little note saying - Welcome, come on in' would have been helpful. I'm being picky because it was all so close to being an excellent stay. Overall we enjoyed it and slept well as it was very peaceful at night. All in all warmly recommended.

Room Tip: We were in a twin new part up around the back - very quiet when we stayed in Room 15.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
essex
Reviewed August 12, 2013

went with my partner on sat night to get away.
when I walked in the hotel it looked lovely,
bit disappointed with our room. it was downstairs .everyone from the dining room could see into our room so we had to pull the roman blind.
the room itself was very small and very hot.
think it was no 11 ,
staff was lovely,didnt eat there as we was going into town for drinks

Room Tip: make sure you have a room upstairs no 11 was very stuffy and very overlooked
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Lovely Hotel, we stayed for bed and breakfast, and booked a superior room. On arrival was greeted by Adam, who was very friendly, and explained everything very clearly. Room was very clean, and comfortable, bed was very comfy, breakfast was very nice, athough we had to wait for a while for table, we was looked after with a superb pot of tea - staff exceptionally friendly, Anyone who wishes to stay in Kent, this is definitely the place to stay, hopefully we will have a opportunity to stay again.