“A Game Of Two Halves (Pints)”

The Muggleton Inn - J D Wetherspoon
Ranked #201 of 342 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went to this location for the enjoyment of a meal and some alcoholic beverage with my partner and for the shared experience and ambience. The doors opened and my partner and i perused the menu for a meal to eat. I then went at placed an order at the bar and that is when the micro version of Escape From New York began.

The service was as responsive as a sedated sloth which did not want to go into work that day, but this did not seemed to be applied to the forceful requests of others. The lack of serving in order and the lack of people serving was certainly of detriment to my stress levels and even managed to get me recognised with an empathatic comment from another customer at the bar,. The bar person who served myself seemed to be more concerned with the requests for telephone numbers and faux flattery as well as offering witty ripostes to the customers. The atmosphere at this point in my visit was not the customer is right, more like the customer is an intrusion to private chat. I think I would rather at this point be a dentist to a lion and told it needed extractions without anaesthetic.

The drinks were obtained with an additional side serving of machismo from the bar area and I returned to my table from the timewarp of a sitcom based on 1970`s attitudes. We waited longer than a epoch for our meals and we waited for the main course after our starter that long I am sure we saw actual species evolving. The meals were in the process of being consumed and were of good standard, but then what happened....

There was a leaflet dropped onto our table which stated we had to move tables by 6pm during our meal due to a disco occuring. I did not fancy carrying my curry to another table based on the need for a music function, hardly positive in encouraging customers to sit for meals. If I had wanted to go to Studio 54 instead of Wetherspoons I would have asked and certainly sat at another table in a different area instead of being leaflet dropped during my meal. The meal and drinks were of good quality, but these transgressions of customer service do make me question the nature of such a community pub.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I visit once a month with a friend. We have excellent service every time we visit. It's always clean today and warm. The staff always bend over backwards to help you. The food is excellent clue for money and does not taste too bad either. You are never rushed to finnish either. It's also great in the evening as lads of lungs tears visit before going clubbing where they change to suit their clients fro. Warm and friendly family pub to noisy friend clubby pub. It's so versatile and defiantly worth a visit no matter what your age!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

We liked this place for an afternoon drink and a bit of lunch. Gets really packed in the day, which is probably a good sign. Staff are not the friendliest, maybe because there so busy - the foods good though!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Yes the food and drink here is cheap which will suit you for a quick grab of food or a few drinks on a night out. I would not go here for a nice meal, everything is served half hearted and is normally cold or undercooked. It is clear everything comes out of a packet and not fresh.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Everything hot, tasty and plenty of it. Beer excellent, wine reasonable. Staff varied from very friendly to a sullen redheaded barmaid with excess Botox. Flaming Dragon curry not very hot (they give it a 5 chilli rating- must be out of 10).

But hey, you are getting what you pay for, and then some. Two large meals, 2 beers and 2 glasses of wine and you get change from a £20 note. Not haute cuisine but you can't knock the value.