“Food quality is too poor...”
Review of Mughal Dynasty

Mughal Dynasty
Ranked #114 of 335 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have visited this place couple of times. Service is good but the quality of food is too poor.. I asked with staff. is this fresh food or frozen?? and he told me this is fresh food. I have good knowledge about the food and I explained him, why I am asking? He completely changed his appearance and "accepted this is frozen food."
It looks this restaurant is doing very good but He is making customers fool. You should not lie to customers.
This place is expensive and obviously not for family.... There are some other restaurants better than this....
Not recommended

1  Thank victahorse

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have visited this Restaurant over 30 times and not had poor service or bad food once. So for me I cannot find anything negative about this place. Me and my mates always book here as we find every one so friendly and the food excellent. Keep up the good work and see you soon Mark and Shakey

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We were staying at Oakwood Hall and having seen the restraunt there we decided to venture out!! Not really many places to eat in this area we took the phone number and was offered a table at 7.15 which was ok. Very rushed we had only been seated 2 minutes and the waiter was ready to take our food arder and we hadnt even been given our drinks!! Food was nothing special food all seemed to taste the same, very bland not at all spicy. Prices average for an Indian. however this aside i can say i have never seen an Indian so busy for people seated and takeaways, they have the monoply as there didnt seem to be anywhere ealse to eat in the area. This was my husbands birthday meal it must have been rushed as we were back in the hotel within an hour!!!!

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I've called this review such a shame as I used this restaurant the week it first opened many years back and have been going back over all these years. It holds a lot of memories and I feel like I'm being disloyal to an old friend, but sometimes even friends need to be told the truth.
The food remains good, or at least consistent, but as the place has grown busier and bigger the food is not what it was.
Service can be appaling when busy, we've walked away after having to wait 1/2 hour for a booked table, and the size of the place and large male groups makes for a barnyard experience. Great for a bunch of lads but no place for a family. I wonder if greed has taken over here, there are over double the covers compared to the old place in it's early years yet the kitchen hasn't grown. How can a restaurant supply over twice the amount of food without increasing the kitchen an inch. Okay, I accept that everything isn't cooked from fresh, it would be impossible, but being so busy and big means the kitchen has lost its touch and if things weren't so busy may rediscover its old ways.
The owner needs to find the balance between profit and good quality and maybe learn to turn down customers when it reaches a critical mass.
One upside is that the staff remain forever friendly and loyal.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Being from out of this area, with time on our hands & no local knowledge, we were looking for (preferably) an Indian meal or other restaurant, when we drove by this place.
Seeing how full the car park was & the number of people inside was encouraging but we walked in expecting to be told we needed to have booked.
Five minutes later, we were at a table, absolutely amazed at the amount of people coming in for take away's & how fast the waiters were running around.
Drinks, order & food arrived in record time (compared to what we're used to) & all the time the food trolleys seem to be practicing for tomorrows Singapore F1, (with the occasional mishap), & waiters are expertly dodging around the customers & other obstacles, flat out with drinks & plates in hand!
The food was mediocre, the tables so close together you felt you were part of everyone else's conversations (if you could hear over the general noise level), the waiters were friendly but stressed, the food overpriced for the experience, the food was rushed & thrown at you & it just felt like you were "being rushed through the process" to get the money, get the table clear & get the next customer in the seat to start the process all over again.
....& did I really see some customers finishing their floater coffees, stood in the middle of the restaurant?
It was Saturday night, we didn't have a reservation & going by some of the other reviews here, either our experience wasn't typical, or there's not much choice of Indian restaurants in this area. A business opportunity for someone?

1  Thank tman4591