“What you expect from a Wetherspoons”
Review of The Society Rooms

The Society Rooms
Ranked #77 of 345 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Cheap drinks, cheap food and mixed age group of customers.

Very busy (Saturday night) with youngsters meeting pre night club, and older people out for a nice drink.
Staff very polite and prompt service despite the bar being busy.
I am a Wetherspoons fan as it does exactly what it says on the tin.

1  Thank Peter W

Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you go in bearing in mind that this is a Weatherspoons you wont have any complaints!
Food is average and drinks are cheap! Better than the other weatherspoons in maidstone

Reviewed January 30, 2012

too busy
too noisy
food cheap
not a place to go for good food

Reviewed January 27, 2012

Out of the weatherspoons establishments in maidstone, this is the better indeed. The food is as you would expect; you get what you pay for in life and if you want cheap food and drink then thats what you get. It serves its purpose and actually you get a better steak here than in Wildwood and its only a fiver (or thereabouts)Its a good place for a cheap drink and a catch up with mates.

Reviewed January 23, 2012

A sunday afternoon drink with my wife and another couple. The Wetherspoon's "The Society Rooms" is what it is, a pub owned by a chain whose business model is predicated on selling volume - nothing wrong with that, particularly if it's expected and accepted in return for relatively cheap prices. Sadly though, often the service in these kinds of places can sometimes reflect that fact.

On this occasion however, I'm pleased to say the staff were great.

In particular one young lady that ended up serving our group several times was very nice and to my amazement remembered our order from the previous round of drinks, despite having actually served my friend, not me, the time before. She'd clearly seen we were together and took the trouble to recall the order.....saving me the bother, which after the 4th pint was a welcome assistance!! Top marks to her and the other staff and I'm just sorry I didn't get her name.