“a new found stopping off point on our travels back from the channel”
Review of Papas Barn

Papas Barn
Ranked #23 of 344 Restaurants in Maidstone
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fish & Chip Takeaway & Restaurant.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Really good fish and chips. Haddock well cooked and a reasonable size. Nice, crisp batter. Good chips. Very pleasant service. Proper fish and chips, just what you want when returning from the continent, but given that we had just spent several days abroad, one little improvement would have been if we were served a pot of tea to accompany our meal rather than just a cup.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

By far, the best fish and chips in the area! good sizes, really fresh, not at all greasy and excellent quality.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

For fish n chip lovers this place would make a nice night out. The restaurant itself is in a lovely clean modern building The food was very nice, the portions were huge, the fish was fresh and cooked perfectly, the burger was nicely presented and the chips were proper lovely chip shop chips - but therein lies the rub - its just decent chippy fodder that you could get at a fraction of the price from a decent chippy.

The thing that left me feeling really let down however was quite minor, but I cant stand it when places water down the fruit juice. Everyone knows what fresh orange juice tastes like, we've all had Tropicana haven't we? So quite why Papas Barn think it's OK to charge £2.20 for a half pint of blatantly watered down orange juice is beyond me.

I'm unsure if I'd go back or not, I might give them another chance one day but I'll probably just visit the local chippy for a while instead.

Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Visited this evening with friends. Well what can I say. On arrival we had a short wait to be seated and was offered a cup of tea whilst waiting. We all had the Moby Dick large cod and chips. The cod was massive and perfectly cooked with the batter crispy throughout. The chips were lovely and the meal was piping hot and remained hot.

All the staff were absolutely amazing, friendly and all smiling.

I will certainly come here again.

Thank you for a lovely meal.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Love the food! The best Chips and beautiful fish. Refill coffee nice touch! Standard cod n chips a bit pricey for the portion size to be fair, could go a little more generous! I'm a small person and I'd smash it with room for more, but perhaps that's just me! Anyway no question that the food is great, no other fish n chips compare, in this area at least! MOST of the staff are great despite being busy, with the exception of one unfortunately. Normally enjoy our papas experience but disappointed today, didnt Catch her name but maturer in age, attitude of Nurse Ratched from One Flew over the Cookoos Nest! Heck I was scared to ask for anything! Scared to move my chair incase it got in her way! We felt like we were a big fat inconvenience to be honest and she wasnt even our waitress! Does put you off a little. for another option I'd highly recommend takeaway and go to a nice park!