“Great food”

Cuisines: Indian, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Despite not booking we arrived expecting a long wait, however we were taken to a table after 10 mins.
As normal even though busy the food was superb.
We prefer this to shamraat as you are not seated so close to each other, a better dining experience.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

First Of all let me start by saying my partner and I have been using spice hut for 7+ years, mainly to eat in the restaurant, with large groups of friends. On occasion we order from home, this time we decided to order from Spice Hut using Just Eat for Convenience.

After placing a successful order on the website, we rang the restaurant to make sure they were able to deliver as the order said :collect". They confirmed this was ok and not to worry. THEN they happened to mention (only because we called) that Just Eat had the prices wrong, and so they wanted to charge us more. This was at 17:50pm.

They explained they would be calling Just Eat to amend pricing, I tried to tell them it was not our fault, but they said they would call back 5 mins later. After trying to continue by saying it was not our fault, prices advertised should be prices charged, they hung up.

18:15, we had heard nothing. I called them again asking if the delivery time promised for 18:30 would be ok, they said it would be late, they still needed to sort the matter with Just Eat for charging us wrong.

Again I said this was not our problem, and demanded to know if our food was being prepared, as our order had gone through and would be charged. I did not want to wait any longer or be told they would be charging more. They said they would call back soon.

After not getting a straight answer from the restaurant, I spoke to Just Eat, and told them what was happening at 18:25, they informed me the resturant had cancelled the order. WITHOUT TELLING ME, as they did not agree with what I was charged.

THIS WAS NOT MY PROBLEM. I rang the resturant back, they were EXTREMELY rude, and explained it was not their fault, they would not be making the food or delivering. How can a restaurant do this to a loyal customer? Simply cancel an order without even the decency to inform us, all because the menu we ordered from had the wrong pricing (By the way it would have totalled about £3-£5 more, not the end of the world for a restaurant to allow, in order to keep a customer happy)

I simply cannot believe the arrogance, they clearly have too much custom to care about single customer service? Surely they could honour this, just out of curteuosy for a loyal customer, and then change the prices for future reference. I am still hungry, with no food, and I cannot access the money in my account for 7days! Simply disgusting!!

Oh and to top it off, after being confronted, they said "Just Eat will give you some vouchers", (Not themselves) and hung up. I contacted Just Eat, they wanted to give me a voucher for the amount of money I spent and NO refund. Basically I was paying £23 to be ripped off and would have to use it at the same restaurant at another date, YEAH RIGHT!

SO ANGRY! I do not accept Just Eat were in the wrong because of prices, it is the repsobsibilty of the resturant to DOUBLE check the prices they gave them and the menu they uploaded, JUST EAT does not make them up at of thin air.If the menu was updated, it is their responsibility to inform Just Eat. Spice Hut should have;

a) Checked the menu uploaded on the site
b) Made sure they were charging correctly
c)Made our food and honored the order, as it was NOT the customers fault
d) Explained what was happening clearly and politely, there was no need for rudeness
e) Not argued over price with customer, as it was not their fault. How could we have paid more, when it clearly stated and charged us less?
f) When they decided to cancel the order, they should have let us know first AND straight away.

I normally like to give positive reviews, and I know this is long winded. I am just shocked and feel extremely let down, and wanted people to know what had happened.

6  Thank LaurenJayHoward
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

I go here once a week and always have a great meal the service is always great and very friendly and it is reasonable priced. I like it hot and normally have chicken piri piri and ask for it vindaloo hot and is always bang on. On a Tuesday it is buffet night when u get a starter main side rice or bread and coffee if u have a starter try salmon tikka it is lovely. Highly recommended

Reviewed January 5, 2013

We recently had a meal at this restaurant which was excellent. Good service and excellent food. However tonight we ordered a takeaway. We had some fairly difficult communication problems in ordering the food and some problems in explaining our address. The food turned up after about 50 minutes(to be fair we were told it would be at least 45 mins and it was sat night). When the food turned up it was stone cold and the papadams were soft and the keema naan was cold and lacking filling. I called the restaurant and the manager (who was very helpful) offered to re-deliver the order. We did not take him up on this (it was about 9pm already)and spent 25 minutes microwaving the entire order. This obviously detracted from the quality of the food. The shame was that despite being microwaved the food was actually not that bad. We would give the restaurant four or five stars but the take away one star so I have given an overall 2 star rating.

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Food served was very good indeed. Service was attentive and prompt. A good end to a Christmas drinks night out in Maidstone.