“Best Indian”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Best Indian”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently visited Shamrat with 3 friends. We were made welcome from the moment we arrived. I am not the greatest fan of spicy Indian food, but I can say that this has to be one of the best that I have ever had. A friendly service and fast.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Your search stops here. Fact.”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I've been eating curry from the Shamrat since about the age of 7. The family and I still regularly order from here, or pop down there in person for dinner. We are open minded and always try new indian restaurants when they open, but just haven't found one locally to rival the Shamrat.
The food is delicious, whatever you order, they will happily dial the spice up or down to suit your taste, the service is majoratively good. The only issue is sometimes the newer recruits are maybe a little...fresh off the boat...if you take my meaning, but never to the point where its a "real problem".
Put simply, if you're thinking of having a ruby in the Maidstone area, come here, or have them deliver. Good value, great grub. They rarely forget a face and once they know you you'll often pick up a free pint when you pick up a takeaway!

Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Shamrat was the chosen venue following a long day at Brands Hatch as part of a Stag Weekend. The food was excellent, with several people in the group saying it was the best Indian meal they'd had. The service was a little slow, however the food more than made up for it. The meal including drinks came to approximately £40 each with tip. Not being from the area I chose Shamrat from this site and was a little apprehensive, this was unfounded as we had a great time and they arranged taxi's to the hotel for us as well while we were finishing our drinks at the table. I would highly recommend them.

• Visited July 2013
“Best Indian Restaurant in Maidstone”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I've been coming to the Shamrat for several years now and it's without a doubt the best Indian Restaurant in town by far. Lee and the rest of the staff there are always welcoming and friendly and the food is always top notch. I've tried most of the other Indian restuarants in the town and while on the whole most are more than fine, the Shamrat is far and away the best of the bunch. The chicken Peri-Peri is quite simply one of the nicest things I've ever eaten.

The resturant is nearly always busy and has a very loyal clientele which is testament to how highly regarded it is. My wife & I nearby and there's been plenty of occasions where we've made an impromptu visit without pre-booking and if the restaurant's busy they've always done their best to accommodate us and give us a drink or two whilst we wait. All in all - fantastic!

Maidstone, England, United Kingdom
“wont be ordering from shamrat again”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

used this site to find a good indian in maidstone and the shamrat came highly reccomended, we are new to the area and have a baby so takeaway is our preferred method of dining at the moment.
we placed an order and the food arrived 15 mins later after being told it would take 40mins-1 hour (not that we were complaining about the delivery). we found the chicken mostly hard and chewy with other pieces not cooked properly and sinuey. the chicken pakora was soggy and the 2 chilly cheese coriander naans ordered came as plain naan and were also cold.
phoned the restaurant to let them know and although the gentleman was kind enough to apologise he then asked 'what do you want me to do about it' I asked for a refund as we clearly were not happy with the service and he then stated that he could 'do a deal for us' next time we ordered. not happy as we spent a lot of money in good faith that this would be our new great dining experience but we were thoroughly let down.
As we wont be going back, if you do order from Shamrat ask for Sanjeeb, explain this and he might 'do you a deal'.