“only ok”
Review of Kent Life

Kent Life
Ranked #3 of 55 things to do in Maidstone
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a 28 acre Heritage Farm Park and aim to be a memorable and fun day out for all the family. Step back in time and visit our Vintage Village, take in the smells and colours in the Kentish Gardens, get your boots muddy and explore our Farmyard & Nature then take a break and set the kids free in our Family Play! We have daily activities and regular seasonal events throughout the year.
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This is an ok day but nothing special. The staff all appear to be young but are very friendly. We have been several times as we bought an annual pass which expires soon but will not be renewing it . As a "Museum of Kent Life" I didn't find it very impressive but maybe my expectations were too high. I was not expecting anything to the standard of Beamish and Iron Bridge (which were superb) but I was disappointed with Kent Life. The indoor play area and the outdoor playground are free as is the short ride in a tractor trailer but the better activities eg donkey rides and quad bikes are chargeable. You can feed the goats and sheep but have to buy the feed. "Cuddle Corner" is a waste of time - pet rabbits are lovely but nothing special, the ferret racing was rubbish.
School groups were often present when we were there and it seemed to me that when the school children are in the play areas, they are not always well supervised which has resulted in my toddler being pushed aside on some occasions. I also felt that kids' treats such as drinks and ice lollies were expensive.
Overall, I would say Kent Life is only just ok but I do not feel able to recommend it as I think it is expensive for what you get.

KentLife_11, General Manager at Kent Life, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Thank you for your review. Cuddle Corner is one of our most popular activities, but the chance to get up close with larger animals is also provided in our 'meet the animals' and 'animal feeding' sessions (where we provide the carrots). We aim to be a great day our each and every day, so are disappointed that we did not deliver this for you- please be assured that I will share your comments with our Entertainments Manager.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My youngest son had his wedding here very recently, and just about every one of the guests said that it was one of, if not the best, wedding venues that they had ever been to,

This venue stands head and shoulders above the usual luxury but soulless 'hotel' setting. From the atmospheric 'orange' chapel, to the 'olde world' beamed banqueting building above the school rooms and Blacksmiths, to the authentic corrugated village hall for the evening's 'knees-up', and the other interesting farm buildings and original farming cottages together with 'oodles' of space and adventure play areas where the young ones could play for the whole evening, this place left the other conventional venues trailing in it's wake. This was a real fun wedding in truly interesting and unique surroundings.

The catering was absolutely first class, and the staff both in the planning of the event and in it's execution were friendly, helpful beyond the call of duty, and highly professional.

All at The Museum of Kent Life please take centre stage - you were superb.....thank you so much for providing such a memorable occasion.

3  Thank BOUGHTON1

Thank you for your review, we love hosting weddings and are delighted that we we able to make the day so special for you and your family!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have had annual membership at Kent Life three times now. We love to go there for a day out. There is something to do whatever the weather - exploring the old buildings, seeing the animals, making a keepsake in the paint a pot studio, enjoying the soft play, etc. We have also been there for themed days such as the WWII day and when characters such as Peppa Pig have come and they have been thoroughly enjoyable.
The kids love Kent Life as they get to run around and enjoy themselves. The price of entry is really good when compared to other attractions locally. I would always recommend Kent Life to people for a day out.

Many thanks for your review and for your continued support as a Kent Life Membership Pass holder!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Excellent way to spend a couple of hours, day out may be stretching it too far.
None the less my 9 year old and I had a good time there yesterday, plenty to do and see.
Just please ban smoking at these places. There is no need for it and it soured an otherwise pleasant day.

Thanks for your review - we are glad you had a great day! Thanks also for your comments, we have cut down the areas that smoking is allowed to two areas within our 28 acre site and will be reviewing this again based on guest feedback.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Not much really for the entry fee of £8.95 for adults and £6.95 for kids, on our trip 9th april 2013 only 1 quad bike was working. donkey rides are £3 for 2 laps around what you would class as a large garden. Candy floss was £4 for a tub that should be £2 at most. Although the animals are cute they shouldn't be priced so highly for a viewing. Older than 5 and you'll feel robbed. Train Driver, Kent.

1  Thank Twiddlers

Thanks for your review. I am sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit as much as we would hope. There were many activities included in the entrance fee on the day of your visit including the rabbit hunts, cuddle corner, animal feeding sessions, vintage store guided tours, tractor rides and more. If you would like to discuss this with our team please do contact us on enquiries@kentlife.org.uk