“Nice little museum with some great artifacts”

Maidstone Museum & Bentlif Art Gallery
Ranked #7 of 53 things to do in Maidstone
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Nice little museum with some great artifacts”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Visited the museum with my family and friends, firstly was a nice walk and easy to find from the town and secondly it was like a tardis, so much inside than we expected!! Was lovely to see all the different artifacts including the clothes from long ago until present day!! My boys were also impressed by all the stuffed animals and birds and really liked seeing all of the different birds!. I enjoyed looking at the toys and seeing the craftsmanship of some of the wooden items!
Really worth a look if you have a spare hour.

Visited March 2013

Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“A little gem.....”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

On a wet and dismal day I wanted to entertain my sister and 3 nephews who were visiting from the Cotswolds. I have lived near Maidstone for 10 years and am ashamed to say that I was unaware of the Maidstone Museum and Art Gallery so it was with slight trepidation that we decided to give it a go. Wow, what a wonderful little attraction! From the moment we entered via the shop and we were introduced to 'Vera' the Velociraptor (my nephews aged 9, 8 and 5 are all completely dinosaur crazy and totally awestruck), only to find 'Vicky' the Velociraptor a few rooms away, the whole experience was magical for them! The small but very well laid out and educational dinosaur room was a real winner, and the interactive games and quizzes kept us all on our toes! We did rather rush through many of the rooms and exhibits as they didn't hold as much interest for the children, however what I did see was most impressive - a real eclectic collection and something to suit all ages. I will be returning with my husband and daughter soon so we can have a more leisurely stroll around as I know I missed so much that I am itching to see. I actually hold membership to the British Museum and so I am pretty hard to please but this is a fantastic attraction and it deserves excellent reviews and plenty of support. Well done to all the volunteers and staff who keep it running - you are unsung heroes! Loved it...

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“free”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

went for a browse as i had a 6 yr old with me and had to kill time he loved it looking at the dinosuars and all the stuff that had been found from roman and othere times

Visited May 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great little museum and gallery”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I took my daughter here when we had a spare hour shopping in Maidstone and was really surprised how good it is. We cam a number of years ago, but since then it's had a big refurbishments. The staff were really lovely and made us feel very welcome (I think that they are mostly volunteers). A good range of displays and we loved the dinosaurs bit :)

Visited February 2013
Isle of Sheppey, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I live in maidstone and have visited the museum a few times but this is my first since the new exstension, I for one think the new entrance works well with the existing building. There are lots of different areas covering all aspects of history from coins, military, but my favorite section is the local history from the brewerys of maidstone to the prison and hospital.

The museum is free entry and there is enough here to keep you occupied for a good couple of hours.

One thing, what has happend to the padded cell door?

Visited April 2013