“Nature trail for children”
Review of Tyland Barn

Tyland Barn
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Had a marvellous experience at Tyland Barn this week. Arrived with four little people aged 2-6 was met by our ranger Helen who engaged the children immediately. We were armed with picture maps, spy glasses, magnifying glasses and journey sticks to set off on our mile walk to discover more about our local habitat. Helen was knowledgable and friendly enticing the children to discover creatures and plants in the hedgerows. After crickets, monster pike and sticky burrs we arrived back at the visitor centre amazed by our adventure. Thank you so very much.

1  Thank RugbyLala
in 5 reviews
"informative"
"gardens"

Reviewed May 28, 2014

My family loved visiting here as there were lots of wild life such as birds, bugs and much more, we were even lucky enough to see a bird egg.The staff were helpful and friendly in giving us facts and showing the indoor areas.we enjoyed seeing the dinosaur and prehistoric fossils.There is also a shop.I will definitely go back there again with my family.

1  Thank Zebisback
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Having visited today I have to say I was blown away by how much there was to see and do in a small space. Exceptionally helpful and friendly staff made us feel so welcome to explore at will and at our own pace. My 1 year old daughter enjoyed looking under logs and feeling all the different textures of all the varied landscapes. Also enjoyed to visitor centre as there was so much to entertain a little one from wildlife hand puppets, colouring sheets and mini beast specimens.

1  Thank Helen b
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Tyland barn is not an attraction like a theme park. It is a nature centre with a focus on protecting the wildlife of Kent. It is set up for school groups to learn about habitats and the local wildlife. The staff are knowledgable and enthusiastic. I was there with a large group of secondary school students. There were several couples visiting and enjoying a quite afternoon with nature. This is an ideal place to take children in the summer holiday for an enjoyable and educational day. There is a small shop and cafe but I would suggest taking a picnic.

2  Thank GrahamSample