“First time visit..AWESOME.”
Review of Mote Park

Mote Park
Ranked #2 of 55 things to do in Maidstone
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Hey what have I missed all these years, I have lived in Kent 57 years. Why have I not visited before......This is one huge park, my wife and I visited after a shopping trip to Maidstone, easy to find ,good signage, plenty of free parking space.
Big open spaces for kids and families to play, playgrounds, picnic areas, pitch and putt golf, massive lake with boat hire. Cafes for snacks tea etc:-Steam train track for kids to ride on, or watch the model boat club. Plenty of good fishing spots, including special disabled areas with wheelchair parking spots. On the day we visited a free ceebeebies event was on for kids, thousands of kids there having fun, but the park is so big you can get away and have your own space. We will return with our grand children that's for sure....AWESOME.

2  Thank marty w

Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went today to a ceebeebies event being staged there which was quite fun. But i was really impressed with the facilities at this place, plenty of clean toilets, a reasonably priced cafe and even boats for hire on the lake. Plenty of free parking and a massive playground with different ares for different ages. Plus loads of space to run around. If we are back in the area this place will be a must to stop off at!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Adjacent to Maidstone leisure centre. Plenty of parking. A good fenced play area with climbing frames and slides, exercise machines and plenty of room for ball games and running around. Good picnic area.

1  Thank phil D
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Mote park has a much improved play ground for kids, it's especially good for the younger children with a large soft floor area with swings, sand pit, climbing frame etc.

There's loads of space for picnicking. Not many picnic tables though so we always take a picnic blanket.

The toilets are a bit dubious, but what do you expect from public toilets in the middle of the park!

The duck pond is lovely and there's some lovely walks to be had, with a secret further playgroup tucked away in the far corner.

During peak times parking can be tight!

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I have been coming to moat park for as long as I can remember, I loved it as a little girl spending time here with my parents and grandparents, now I enjoy bringing my daughter. We have recently visited as a large family for a picnic and to enjoy the surroundings. Great place to have a kick about with a ball and for the young ones to run around. A good play area but gets rather busy. Enjoy having a walk around the park taking in the views.

Now I do have a couple negative points to make.

Firstly the toilets!! Absolutely shocking!! For such a beautiful place the toilets are truly disgusting. So bad that I watch how much fluids i consume as I like to avoid using them!!

Secondly on our most recent visit, we settled in a nice spot for our picnic only for one of our kids to step in dogs muck! Not very nice when your about to eat! We had to up route and move as it stank!!!

Apart from that one of my favourite local places to visit!

1  Thank Smarties05