Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:30 PM

from $103.20
from $120.20
from $90.10
3,858 results
All reviews beautiful grounds black swans lady baillie fairfax restaurant falconry display dog collar museum birds of prey costa coffee annual ticket stately home car park ticket price entrance fee formal gardens land train play area per adult
Reviewed yesterday

Visited Leeds Castle on a beautiful, crisp November day. It wasn’t too busy which was great.

We have a Gardeners’ World 2 for 1 discount card so only paid for one entry however, I would definitely not have been happy to pay the full price. We have been to the Tower of London recently, which costs a similar amount for entry and there is much more to see there. In fact, we had to go back to the T of L twice to see everything!

The walk through to the castle from the car park was very pleasant and there was lots of Autumn colour to enjoy. There were loads of mallards, swans and coots who were very tame and waiting to be fed. Great for children.

I am very interested in history, looked at the website before our visit and realised that much of the house had been refurbished in quite recent times. I found it quite disappointing as there weren’t many artefacts on display. I would have liked to have left feeling that I knew about the life of the last owner but sadly this was not the case. The rooms were spoilt for me because huge cardboard cutouts of Sleeping Beauty etc had been placed in them, obviously to amuse children but they had no historical significance! Surely, a trail for children should be more educational and perhaps rather more discrete.

Next we watched the falconry display. Unfortunately, the sound system was so poor that you could not hear any of the commentary. We watched two barn owls, a kookaburra (a surprise to see and interesting) and a long legged bird demonstrating catching snakes. We then viewed the birds over at the Birds of Prey Centre.

All in all we had a pleasant enough day out. I think it is ideally suited to families with young children. The ticket price allows for admission for a year and I can appreciate that it is a great place for a Sunday afternoon walk to get some exercise, feed the ducks and go into the playground and have a bite to eat. Sadly, I won’t be returning. I feel that it is a mock up of a castle - more of a stately home - lacking in history and authenticity.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

I had afternoon tea inside Leeds castle and would highly recommend this to anyone who visits the castle. The service was exceptional and food was amazing. They met my friends dietary requirements and would definitely visit there again! Thank you so much for the experience.

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

A new venture for the castle and definitely one to check out. There are 2 sittings, 13:30 and 15:30, we went for the later one. Entrance to the castle is included in the price. The selection of homemade sandwiches and cakes was lovely, and I was really impressed how they catered for my dietary requirements, making me cakes and sweet items that didn’t include eggs. The staff are all very friendly and kept checking if we needed anything else. This is nice for a small quiet tea with maybe 1 or 2 friends. Would go again

Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Lets start with saying we love Leeds castle. We are a family of five who go six plus times a year, get fireworks tickets etc. Two of the child tickets had expired so we decided to go today, 18 November to renew those before we revisit in December for the Christmas season. Bought tickets and walked all the way to the playground to find it has been demolished for a new one opening spring 2019. Some signs warning this would have been nice. Also we only bought child tickets, shouldn't the ticket seller have said something in the absence of signs? (I double checked no signs when leaving). The playground is at the far end so quite a trek for ultimate disappointment. Thought I'd post here as a warning to others and to prompt staff to get these signs out!!

Reviewed 1 week ago

This is a real gem of English history, The castle was intertwined with the royal family from the conquest until the civil war and still today provides a wonderful glimpse in to History. The tour around the castle is well organised and there is also plenty to see and do outside with a walk through the grounds and displays of country pursuits such as falconers

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Took my husband to the firework spectacular at Leeds castle last weekend for his 40th birthday. They run it for 2 nights every year and are worth every penny!! We had the most amazing time. We arrived at the castle at 2 o clock. We did the maze and the grotto first, do not be deceived the maze is bigger and trickier than it looks but great fun. The grotto is beautiful but does get wet and slippery so take care if with elderly or little people. We then looked around the Avery and watched the birds of prey show. There are big playgrounds for the kids to let off some steam. We then went inside the venue area where they had entertainment in the form of music and dance acts. There were plenty of food and drink stalls/vans. Plenty of choice to cater for everyone from burger and chips to Thai noodles. My favourite was the place selling cinnamon buns they were just amazing!! There are fairground rides and stalls for the kids to keep them occupied whilst your waiting for the fireworks. These are charged at an extra cost. The fireworks started at 530 along with music and on the castle projection. They were on for just over half an hour and were some of the best fireworks I’ve seen. We had a wonderful afternoon and will definitely go back next year. My only groan about the whole day is exiting the car parks at the end. It is very unorganised so be prepared to wait. Other than that fantastic and highly recommended!!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

First time I've been since I was a child, a great castle with lovely scenery. Costa coffee with Scone, cream and jam made a lovely afternoon snack.
A very nice falconry display and the weather was good so also managed to do the maze.
Great for loosing kids in so suggest adult goes with them lol.
Parking easy and ticket price is for year long admission so no rush to see every thing so take your time and relax.
Enjoy yourselves.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Leeds Castle is truly a gem. I wasn't sure what to expect when going to the castle. I just knew that it was a sight to see in England. What I didn't realize was how much I was going to love this place. I highly recommend touring the castle and then visiting the owls. The maze took 20-30 minutes, but was well worth it. The castle itself has been well preserved and every staff member I came into contact was incredibly friendly and helpful. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Visited with my son and my dad. Nice open area and play park for kids to run around and play. Fairly priced cafe with lovely views.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Leeds Castle is set in rural countryside and boasts acres of parkland to wander in. The Website has everything you need to know and more, but I would like to say great place for photography, walking, eating, plenty for little ones to do also, and have numerous events throughout the year.
The Castle has an illustrative Time-Line of historical events associated with its long history and very helpful guides who are knowledgeable and informative. You can spend all day here.