“Nice setting, pricey food”
Review of Eden cafe

Eden cafe
Ranked #70 of 335 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Eden is an independent cafe serving fresh food made to order. Breakfast, Lunch snacks cakes and the best coffee! We are licenced so if you fancy a tipple with your lunch... Please do come in, and try our yummy food and homely relaxing atmosphere!
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We've had lunch here a few times, as I always like the setting and have great expectations. Unfortunately, I'm always a little disappointed. It's never quite clean for a start, the menu's need a wipe over, and at my most recent visit, the table did too. Previously, I've eaten paninis and quiche, which were ok, this time, I had veggie bolognese on a jacket potato, £5.95, the menu said it was served with a large salad. Well it was alright, the potato was fine, the bolognese wasn't over tasty and could have been a bit hotter. There was a very small salad tucked down the side of the bowl. We had hot chocolate too, again pricey, but nice enough. I really want to like it more, and as we left I noticed un-cleared tables while the waitress was sitting at the back. It would be great if they could just be a little cleaner and the food a bit more for the money, as there are lots of places to eat in Maidstone.

Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Ideal for light meals and to meet for coffee
Very pleasent staff and owner
I love the breakfast as free coffee so great value
Also free papers to read

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Maidstone is full of food chains so Eden being an independant food place has something a little different. Great food, all your favourite traditional sandwiches (the best Egg Mayo sandwich I know) and then some little interesting numbers, we had a lovely jacket potato and my friend had the Oslo pasta which she loved!
It's such a nice atmosphere in Eden, chilled, lovely music and lovely staff, thank you Eden for being something different in Maidstone!

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

Great cafe , great staff and lovelly food!! Well worth the money!! Would be great if open in the evenings as its licensed to sell booze! Food is very fresh and is quickly delivered! And they have the best coffee in town! They also do an all day breakfast incl coffee and toast for 4.95!! Spot on!!

Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Nice selection of basic foods, jacket potatoes, sandwiches etc. staff are friendly and helpful. Very tasty meals at a good price.