“Surprising ”

The White Rabbit Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 311 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The White Rabbit in Maidstone is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
London, United Kingdom
“Surprising ”
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

I visited here on a busy Friday night with friends- service was appalling beyond measure, to be fair it was only because they were very short staffed, and the food was terribly cooked and sparse.
HOWEVER after complaining, we received a voucher and revisited to give benefit of the doubt. We went on a week night and enjoyed a gorgeous meal-tasty and just the right amount, plus the service was great. Would return here again, perhaps not on a fri or sat night though. Would recommend for a mid week meal or lunch. It is a nice pub and I think it just depends on the chef and your waiter at that time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Kent
“Understaffed?”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The building is nice - I like the way there are a series of smaller dining rooms rather than one big room, it makes it seem cosy. There's also a nice big garden area.

The staff were friendly and pleasant, but there just weren't enough of them for the size of the restaurant. Service was incredibly slow as a result - it took ages to get our drinks, or for our orders to be taken.

The food was okay (upgrade to the gourmet chips, they're much nicer) but I've never been to a restaurant before where, at 7 o'clock in the evening, so many of the menu options are already off.

Bit disappointing really - the Park Gate Inn down the road was a lot better all round.

• Visited November 2013
“Just plain rude”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The staff are just rude whether its because they don't like their job if what but they were completely disinterested I felt as though they didn't want us to be here. This isn't the first time either. The food took far too long 40 minutes before the food arrived and they weren't even that busy. Personally I think I may just travel the extra distance and go to another vintage inns to use the vouchers which is a shame and the building is so beautiful and the white rabbit.

Visited October 2013
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Good food, ale and service ”
Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

After many visits over the past year it is consistently good with good quality food cooked well. Nice selection of dishes lots of tables from very secluded to large open plan dining. The best spot in town for a summer drink after work due to the only sunny evening pub garden with lots of benches table s and chairs. Just worried I might not get a table after post if this! The White Rabbit had a bad reputation over 2 yes ago but with the new management it has been great since.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Re - visit”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Returned here after several months away due to bad service because we had a £5 off voucher. I liked the redecoration however my partner found all the photo's of rabbits a bit disturbing given he wanted the game pie! This however was off the menu we were told due to someone having found 'shot' in one of their other restaurants - big disappointment for one! I had the pate which was fine except for the chutney it came with on the top I'd have preferred it on the side. I had the pork belly for main again I had to order a side of vegetables as it didn't come with any it was okay but I've had better. The bubble & squeak potato did not look very tasty at all it was certainly overdone but it tasted okay. The staff were great and one in particular very informative about a wine they had on offer and the details of the game pie. I won't hurry back even with the voucher.

• Visited November 2013