“Popular Franchise Bar and Restaurant”

The White Rabbit Restaurant
Ranked #99 of 313 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Rabbit in Maidstone is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Maidstone
“Popular Franchise Bar and Restaurant”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

From a 'standard' menu and 'specials' menu you get a good selection of meat, poultry, fish and vegetarian dishes. The food has been of a very good standard and I definitely put it in 'Good Value for Money' bracket. The table service is first rate. I find the staff friendly, attentive, knowledgeable and keen to enhance your experience. The range of drinks is good, although they could do with more bar staff as the at bar service can be found wanting...not because the staff are slow...they always seem rushed off their feet...they just need more of them. The atmosphere I found to be excellent with the restaurant/bar effectvely split into 7 or 8 discrete sections. It gives the impression of seclusion without feeling boxed in. The garden is a delight in the summer, even considering the closeness of the A229. Ample parking for clients, and I understand the need to charge during 'shopping hours'. I use this regularly for both clients dinners and socialising with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
UK
“Large plates but little food”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

What a disappointment, we used to visit this pub quite a lot but it has obviously changed hands recently and tried to go up market. The prices have increased and the amount of food on the paltes reduced. The menu is pretentious with it's descriptions and the chips are arranged in a nice liitle heap the size of a small cup.
We won't be back.

Colchester Essex
“looked great but dreadful experience”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

we went on a Sunday lunchtime and the place was packed. Unfortunately this meant we waited almost an hour for food despite ordering roasts which should have speeded up things, People were walking out fed up of waiting and I felt sorry for our waiter who was great and trying to placate everyone. When the food eventually arrived it was awful, my roast beef was chewy and unpleasant , the cauliflower cheese was cold and the potatoes were buarnt, how can they get this wrong? It wasnt a cheap place and quite honestly I wish I had gone to a basic carvery. I wasnt charged for my meal by our lovely waiter but I wont be going back under any circumstances

Maidstone, United Kingdom
“evening at white rabbit”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

attitude warm wellcome,clean, polite staff ,excellant food ,the ambiance was perfect,well done and thanks for a good meal

Visited October 2012
London, United Kingdom
“A perfect treat for a rainy day!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

After previously visiting another pub in this chain and having some dissapointing service, customer services redeemed themselves by sending me a voucher for the next time I visited.
Having moved to maidstone recently, I decided that is would be nice to treat myself and a friend to a free meal, at a pub that would normally be at the top end of our price range.
After going there, I feel that the food definitely justifies the pricetag. The drinks however are a tad expensive, with a pint of peroni at £4.20.
We shared the beer battered mushrooms for starter, which were crispyand treaty, served with an indulgent mayonaisse, we demolished these and couldve easily eaten more!
For main, my friend had the rump steak and added a white wine a mushroom sauce, a it came out cooked to perfection, with a generous portion of steak cut chips and other accompaniments. Needless to say, there was a very clean plate at the end! I went for the smoked haddock and mustard fishcakes, which can so often be dissapointing at a pub..not this time! 2 huge fishcakes alonside a bowl of chips and a salad was not a let down. you could taste the smoky flavour throughout, and, when accompaned by the huge selection of sauces bought to the table, was a pleasure to eat! Our order in total came to just under £30, which we thought was justified for the quality of our meals.
The service was great, and a discrepancy over our bill was sorted promptly and without fuss. Easily one of the best pub meals I have had in a, long time. i would not hesitate to return if I was treating myself.