“A perfect treat for a rainy day!”
Review of The White Rabbit Restaurant - CLOSED

The White Rabbit Restaurant
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The White Rabbit in Maidstone is a country pub & restaurant oozing rural charm and rustic character. Our picturesque surroundings provide the perfect backdrop for savouring the hearty, seasonal pub-food on our menu, and the carefully nurtured cask ales and fine wines gracing our bar.
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

After previously visiting another pub in this chain and having some dissapointing service, customer services redeemed themselves by sending me a voucher for the next time I visited.
Having moved to maidstone recently, I decided that is would be nice to treat myself and a friend to a free meal, at a pub that would normally be at the top end of our price range.
After going there, I feel that the food definitely justifies the pricetag. The drinks however are a tad expensive, with a pint of peroni at £4.20.
We shared the beer battered mushrooms for starter, which were crispyand treaty, served with an indulgent mayonaisse, we demolished these and couldve easily eaten more!
For main, my friend had the rump steak and added a white wine a mushroom sauce, a it came out cooked to perfection, with a generous portion of steak cut chips and other accompaniments. Needless to say, there was a very clean plate at the end! I went for the smoked haddock and mustard fishcakes, which can so often be dissapointing at a pub..not this time! 2 huge fishcakes alonside a bowl of chips and a salad was not a let down. you could taste the smoky flavour throughout, and, when accompaned by the huge selection of sauces bought to the table, was a pleasure to eat! Our order in total came to just under £30, which we thought was justified for the quality of our meals.
The service was great, and a discrepancy over our bill was sorted promptly and without fuss. Easily one of the best pub meals I have had in a, long time. i would not hesitate to return if I was treating myself.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Having been to the white rabbit a few times for a drink I thought I would stop by and try the food sometime. Well what a disappointment! I had to order 3 meals YES 3 before they had one available. We also had a table reserved only to turn up and the waitress had to ask someone to move from a table for us to sit at! I thought that the food when it come was average at best and would not return or recommend it to anyone.

To conclude if your looking for a place to drink its ok but if your looking for some nice food go else were!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

The food was excellent and the service good but in my opinion it was overpriced for what is after all just a town centre pub

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Not good at all will not be back, Service poor food poor, atmosphere poor. Just everything's poor poor poor

Reviewed November 17, 2012

We had a family meal here on a Sunday in November and were delighted to see the option of 'Turkey with pigs wrapped in blankets' - yay!

The yorkshire pudding was reaaally crunchy and I couldn't eat it, but apart from that the food was really nice! Maybe more gravy on the table would have been nice but loads of sauces available.

Would recommend this for a roast - we all had a nice time and the roast potatoes and parsnips weren't too shabby!

Really cheap too - worked out at £15 per head including drinks!