“Budget Hotel-Budget Stay”
Review of Days Inn Maidstone

Days Inn Maidstone
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The location of this hotel was exactly what we need for a one night stay. There were just a couple of things that spoiled the stay. The beds although seeming soft were not good to sleep on. The mattress and creaky springs inside let you know they were there every time you turned. A painful experience! Another thing was in the hallway leading along from rooms 1 on the ground floor there was a terrible smell of feet. Other than those couple of things the hotel is a budget and would be a good budget if the couple of problems were addressed. I must add that I left something in the room and after a call and a couple of days I had a call back and my item was posted back to me. If in the area again I may well pick another hotel as the comfort in the beds is top priority to me.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Anthea S, General Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

I'm please you found our hotel to be of a good standard and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stay away with work at least 3 times per week and for the price this hotel in a gem.... Location handy for the M25, Rate paid fantastic, Staff are all really lovely, room immaculate and bed comfy. Overall I would give this hotel a 10 out of 10..... Stayed 2 nights wish it had been 3 (so good).........

Room Tip: Room 31.... two double beds (its huge)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed here as 2 day offer on our way to France on holiday. It's a motorway stopover so didn't expect much, but it was a very nice stay. We had a problem with the hot water in our bath, and the staff coudn't have been more helpful. We moved rooms and all was well. All the staff were really nice from the manageress to the cleaners. Good facilities in the service station, especially Mcdonalds breakfast for us on our way to the Euroshuttle for a quick start.

And there is a great free museum in nearby Maidstone.

We will stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Stayed here for business, upon arrival after a very long journey met by very friendly and efficient staff. Firstly, it is apparent that these are old premier inn's, in fact the only thing missing is the branding as all the colour schemes, fittings etc are identical!! All the doors to the rooms look as if they have had the locks forced, and left in a very poor state of repair. Latch locks have been fitted instead (super cheap one's by the way!).The room was very clean, better than I expected, and even extra towels! It is very obvious that no refresh has been done, bar a few days inn stickers, and it appears that the building/fittings are basically being run into the ground, little or no chance of any but the most very basic maintenance. The bathroom was fairly clean (always a 'tell tale' in even the most expensive hotels), however the shower rail was very corroded, as was the towel heater. The wall hand grabs were corroded and on the way to coming off, the knob to change from bath feed to shower was missing, with only the thread to pull up and change over. The shower mixer temperature had no bearing on the selected temperature, potentially dangerous if you were to expect a 30 degree bath and get a 60 degree one! I suspect this has been removed and incorrectly refitted as the 'cool' water is scalding. The hotel is very noisy being near a mainline and services, plus the walls go beyond paper thin! The bed has an interesting habit of coming up around you as you lie on it, I thought the mattress had been replaced by Jelly! The pillows were also very bizarre being 'tube' shaped?? Otherwise the room was clean and very comfortable, but did look like a premier inn that had been through a bleach wash, in fact my faded jeans have more colour left in them. One thing that did concern me was that often the reception was unattended, but mysteriously the rooms were being cleaned at the same time. I have a strong suspicion that reception also act as the chamber maids, not really acceptable in a hotel where anyone can wonder in the front door and may have single female travellers staying. I have never come across this at any other hotel, even budget. This can't be particularly hygienic either if staff are doing two jobs at once! Overall I won't be staying at a Day's inn ever again, and I suspect this is one of the better ones. They may be cheap, but are in no way competitive to other chains when it comes to value for money.

Room Tip: take some ear plugs and a bed/pillows with you!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed here the 5th and 6th April having booked and paid £110 online. Friendly receptionist, confirmed our details and gave us keys to the first room on the left immediately next to the entrance.
The room is needing an overhaul, the carpet heavily stained by the window, and the bathroom would benefit from some new fittings and a fresh coat of paint.
Saturday was the day of the Grand National, and when we returned quite late realised how paper thin the walls were between rooms, and all that that entailed.
Breakfast in the service station was great, v busy when we went in but not with our neighbours who were no doubt run into the ground from their celebrations.

Room Tip: Don't get a room by the entrance.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Anthea S, Manager at Days Inn Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for your review. Please note that your feedback is extremely valuable to us .We will utilise your comments by continuing to focus on making Days Inn Maidstone a Great Place to stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Arrived in the early hours of the morning after a dash across Europe from Greece, via the Balkans.

Room was clean and tidy as I would expect from a Days Inn. Shower could have been stronger. (as I found out in the morning). Didn't like the WiFi arrangements especially as I did not have a UK mobile with me. Also I do not like giving personal details so that a service provider can then send me messages I do not want. Hence why I could not give a VG and have given just an Average this time.

Night staff most helpful, especially with an early hours in the morning unscheduled stop.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not 100% happy with your stay.
I will pass your comments on regarding the Wi-Fi
The team strive to exceed customer expecations, and we are aware that some of the rooms could do with refurbishment but the housekeepers work very hard to keep the rooms spotlessly clean. I do hope this will not deter you from staying again.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

The chain is usually good value insofar as outlets are usually less costly than premier inns and a distinct cut above travel lodges.
However: there is no free newspaper at this branch in maidstone, rather a very offhand 'you can buy one at WH Smth; while the free internet access is well advertised, unlike the other days inns, this version requires you to reveal personal details and I just kept getting a message to check email for the code.. which you can't do when until you get online duhh.

The motorway services do not have a shop like Mand S or Waitrose so there are only the greasy fast food outlets. there is a nice dining pub about 3 miles drive away.

The rooms are clean and comfortable but no biscuits with the tea and coffee tray unlike other days inns. There is no trouser press. If you are given an upstairs room, unlike other days inns, there is no cheerful offer from the receptionis to help you with your luggage.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you were not 100% happy with your stay as we
I will certainly speak to the team about the issues you have mentioned
I look forward to your next visit if you decide to give us another try