“short break”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Burnham-on-Crouch, United Kingdom
“short break”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

we had 3,night stay this is our seconed visit the rooms are of very good size king size beds ,clean, Restaurant, has lots of choice, buffet Breakfast, 3,course evening meals good value, and al acart menu if wanted, free parking, central location,The only downside is the doors slam shut but was all quiet from 11,O,c onwards so good night sleep, staff very attentive.Bar area nice relaxing, very good value.....

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a complimentary review about the Hilton Maidstone and indeed for staying with us again. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay but sorry that it was spoiled by other guests slamming doors, please note that our team is always at hand to deal with disturbance to our guests, just call reception and they will deal with that.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to a Hilton hotel and I was a bit disappointed. Had high hopes after my family had a excellent stay at the Northampton Hilton. Twice during breakfast they had no pancakes for my kids claiming they have run out. Was kinda shocked. At a point the hot water was not working for a while and found that strange. Other stuff like using the swimming pool etc were great. They disappointed my wife for not bringing in my birthday cake arranged with the hotel on the said day. Relatively it's cheaper than other Hilton hotels so maybe one has to live with this.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank jujuu733
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Jujuu,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and indeed repeated preference and loyalty to Hilton. Please accept my apologies for the shortfalls in service during your stay, we did have a boiler failure that was swiftly restored but the oversight of your birthday cake request was unacceptable and I have made it clear to our team.

I also would like to apologize for disappointing your children with the shortage of pancakes, they are very popular with the kids and due to the Summer and school holidays we had high demand for them, I have asked the chef to be more aware of it and get prepared for such occasions.

I do hope you will give us another chance and we look forward to restore your faith in our hotel next time we welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

We use this when travelling as it is close to the channel tunnel. We usually find a good deal on the internet and the rooms can be very good. Restaurant is ok for breakfast but hotel can be very noisy when receptions or functions are on and the noise from the corridors and door slamming doesnt help a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Dont stay Friday or Satruday unless you are at a function or can sleep through noise!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
LeonardoGagliano, Front Office Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
Dear Liz,

Thank you for your constructive feedback and preference. I am glad that overall you enjoy our hospitality but I am sorry to read that you have been disturbed by other guests in the past. We do sometimes have function groups in the hotel but not every Friday and Saturday, I can assure you that in those occasions we do try and allocate quieter areas but it is always helpful to make a note in your booking and/or mention at check that this is a priority for you.

Nevertheless rest assured your points have been taken on board and discussed with our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel Manager
Coventry, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2014

On a positive note a gentleman on reception was extremely helpful in solving my wifi issues. However, the door to the hotel room had a huge gap underneath it, so the light from the hall outside made my room very light and as a result I did not sleep well.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Georgina,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by the light coming from under your bedroom door, please accept my apologies and rest assured that maintenance has been tasked with trying and finding a solution for that. Nevertheless I am glad to see that our team member was helpful with your WiFi set up.

I do hope you will give us another chance next time you are in the area; I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide good hospitality to all of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Kraainem, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

As many of the other reviews have covered, the overall hotel is a little tired and dated but the room we had was clean and functional, with no maintenance issues (but no air con, as many others have mentioned).
Hotel is in a location with good access to the motorway and surrounding areas, with a lot of free car parking.

ROOM
We had a suite which was a good sized bedroom and separate lounge area. We appreciated the space and comfortable bed but the bathroom needed some extra care (modernising), especially the jacuzzzi bath; which really was still out of the 80's.
Overall the suite was not what I would call a real "suite" and it lacked any wow factor. However, to be fair to Hilton Maidstone, they were not charging "suite" prices, as we paid £125 inc breakfast (one night). So I think this was really good value for money and represents about the most I would pay for this room (maybe up to £130 inc brk). So for a real "suite" I think you should expect in excess of £300 per night and therefore the product was what we expected and as the website explained. Of course, the other rooms were much cheaper if you don't need/want the space.
The only problem we had is that the room is right next to the pool area and probably a storage room because there was a lot of banging and noise that woke us up at 07:00. So specifically avoid room 187.

SWIMMING:
It has a nice pool (sauna, Steam and Jacuzzi) with a very small gym area. There were a lot of children in the pool, so don't expect relaxation or masses of room to swim. Children free times are in the evening (after 19:30) so if you want a quiet swim then go in the evening. In the morning and all the time we were there, they had children's swimming lessons and so the pool was sectioned into small swimming lanes. It was fine for us but I think with more than 4 people it would get very crowded, as you have to swim in a clockwise circuit. So its good news if you do have children, as they all seemed to be having fun, but others need to stick to evening times, in my opinion.
Gym is accessible 24hours but pool & leisure is:
Mon-Fri 06:00 - 22:00
Sat 07:00 - 21:00
Sun 08:00 - 22:00

Food & Beverage:
We only took breakfast in the hotel and this was unto the usual Hilton standard with quiet a good range and even though we went down later, it was still well stocked. We ordered our test dish of poached eggs and we they were excellent (not so many hotels achieve this).
We did buy drinks in the bar to take back to our rooms and the prices for the wine and spirits were very high (£9 for a medium house rose 175ml). I think of for a hotel aiming at families and with no other great features, they could compete a bit better on bar prices.

Check in and check out was all very pleasant and efficient. Overall a good hotel offering good value for money if you can get some advanced deals. We will consider this again when we are back in the area.

Room Tip: The suites offer good space (my opinion: not worth more than £130 inc brk), so look for a deal. Avoi...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear NicStiltonMassey,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad that overall you found our hotel value for money; nevertheless I am sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations, my apologies for that. I am also sorry for the noise outside you room early in the morning, this has been discussed with the housekeeping team for more care to be taken in future.

I am really glad that you will come back next time you are in the area, we are constantly investing in our hotel and I am sure we will be able to provide you with a even better experience next time. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

With the exception of the In House Restaurant (please see my separate review) this is probably one of the nicest, quietest hotels I have stayed in (some guests aside).

The hotel car park is free to guests and in a good location just off junction 7 on the M20. Upon arrival I had booked King Size Deluxe with family members having booked a normal room. However one of the party requested an upgrade and was given a room at a substantially cheaper price than we booked online. We were advised it's not always available but worth asking.

The room was lovely & big, with robes & slippers, even the basic rooms are large. The bed was really comfortable. The Kingsize deluxe rooms are on the ground floor giving easy access to all areas of the hotel

The fitness area is pretty substantial with the biggest pool I have seen in a hotel. For people with young children the pool is shallow at each end, but is deep in the middle. I am 5/2 and could not stand up. There are no lifeguards, it has great facilities - Sauna, steam room & hot tub

The bar was hotel prices, we expected this and the breakfast was brilliant. Everything you could wish for breakfast was available

Room Tip: King size deluxe rooms have a courtyard view
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and recommending the Hilton Maidstone. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you again.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Good location just near J7 of the M20 and reasonably close to Maidstone town centre (by car), which is surprisingly varied compared to most town centres. The hotel can only be entered from the side of the road coming out of Maidstone - so you have to go around the roundabout after seeing the hotel on your right if you come from the M20 junction so that you can turn left into the car park.
The hotel itself is comfortable and the rooms larger than most similar hotels. The gym is small and quirkily has CV machines that count in miles (except the Concept 2 rowers that count in metres). My wife and daughter loved the pool and sauna, but thought the steam room too hot! The breakfast was excellent and set us up for a busy day of travelling around Kent.
We visited Upnor Castle and the Historic Dockyard Chatham before our stay and Dover Castle the next day - all within easy reach and the latter two could easily take more than one day to do them justice.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Shaun,

Thank you for taking the time to write a good review about the Hilton Maidstone. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and made the most of some of the local attractions; please note that there are many more and our guests are entitled to special deals with most of them, you can find out more about the options available in our website or speaking to one of our team members at the reception

We look forward to welcoming you again to the Garden of England.

Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#10 of 15 in Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!