“Mr M”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Mr M”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Hi stayed here on 17th, booked double double room, nice and spacious had a good deal on room price so what we paid can't really complain. Eat in the dinning room on buffet deal was ok ( just ok ). Breakfast was good. All and all I will be returning for another stay sometime in the future. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Sussex, UK
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was a bit worried about visiting this hotel after reading some reviews but I have nothing but praise for Hilton once again. From the moment we arrived every member of staff was polite and friendly especially the ladies in the restaurant at breakfast and the check in and out staff. The room was really lovely and comfortable and very spacious. Plenty of parking and breakfast was lovely. Very nice swimming pool and sauna too. I would thoroughly recommend this hotel. Thanks Hilton.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Dear Dante,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay in the Hilton Maidstone, I am glad that we exceeded your expectations.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed in a King deluxe, as my partner is rather tall and so a king size bed is required. Check in was swift and easy, and we had requested early check-in, we were four hours early but they accommodated us without remark. The room was spotless, everything was clean and the room was very well laid out. Help was at hand when required. I must wholly recommend the in room breakfast as it was fabulous. So very happy with my stay here. We will certainly be back!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Sadie-Anne,
Thank you for your review and praises to the Hilton Maidstone. I am happy that you and your partner enjoyed your stay and indeed that you plan to come back.
We look forward to welcoming you back.
Reviewed November 3, 2013

All of the stay was fantastic.

The staff are the best.

The room is fresh, large and clean.

The hotel is easily accessible and close to pubs and shops.

Stay here for a great nights sleep.

The staff go above and beyond to ensure you have a great stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better
Dear Saintofjames,
Thank you for your review and recommendation, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and above all that the team made a difference, rest assured I will share your comments with them.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We arrived in morning and room was ready.
Room was of a good size with Kingsize bed, a couch, a table and a flat screen TV.
Bathroom was again a good size with a very good shower.

Breakfast was very good. A lot of choice of food and drinks. From Yoghurts to Full English. Self service, so you could have as much as you liked. So quantity as well as quality.

The gym and pool were not the biggest, but good enough for a weekend away.
My wife had a back massage and at 28 pounds, it was quite expensive for the quality massage received.
Drinks were a bit on the pricey side. 4 pounds for a coffee. 4 pounds for a Baileys that seemed so small and was gone in a mouthful.

We ate the first night at The Chiltern Hundreds near the hotel which was OK. 400 yards from Hotel.
Second night we ate at The Spice Hut in the town and i would definitely go back there if in Maidstone again. This was about 1 mile or so from Hotel.

I have rated this hotel 3 out of 5, but it was more 3 and a half.

Lastly, our room was near the car park exit and i noticed quite a few vehicles having trouble getting the barrier to work and on leaving i had the same problem. I had to go all the way back to reception and wait in a queue for the problem to be sorted out.

Dear Richard,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am pleased that overall you had a good stay, had time to enjoy our award winning health club and particularly that spoiled yourself at breakfast. Regarding prices, please note that we always make sure there are great value promotions available, next time you stay with us, please ask the team about it. We also regularly monitor our local market prices and I can assure you that we are in keeping with the offerings in the area.
Car parking, although free for our guests, require tickets to be validated at reception, the team has been asked to make sure this is clear at check in and further to that we are currently increasing the amount of signage around warning of that. I am sorry that it has inconvenienced you.
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Our room was next to some sort of service area that was used 24 hours, at 1:30 they were outside my room talking about someones shelf and then at 3:30 in the morning were moving loud bottles around. When i complained the next day there was no apology from reception at all. Despite having 1 hours sleep the previous night we begged 2 move room and the managed to find us another one that we had to move 2 at midnight on the second night of our stay as we were at a wedding all of that day- still no apology. Rooms had damp and mould and the shower curtain was designed so badly it made the shower fit for small children only. Rooms not very well insulated as could here every conversation of guests in next room very clearly. Breakfast was nice but the apple juice is very watered down! I would never stay again, hotels are for sleep and relaxation- not being woken up all through the night and leaving frustrated and getting ill because of the lack of sleep!

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Lisa,
I am obviously very disappointed to read your review, I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay, please accept my apologies. Thank you for your constructive feedback, rest assured you have been heard and your feedback shared with the relevant departments for action and training to be carried out to address these issues.
I am surprised with your comments about the shower curtains though, we have recently replaced all of them with outward curved ones, designed to maximise personal room in the shower space, I am sorry it did not meet your expectations.
On a positive note I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, your comments about orange juice have been discussed with the Food and Beverage management team for measures to be put in place to prevent this from happening again.
I do hope you will change your mind and give us another chance; I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide good stays to our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited for one night in October 2013 and met up with friends who were also staying, before a funeral the next day.

The hotel has two floors, but no lift, so if you have mobility problems, I would suggest you ask for a ground floor room when booking. Staff were very helpful and carried our case to the room.

The room was spacious and comfortable and well set out. I would suggest you take a drink with you as the bottle of water in your room is almost 4.00 which I think is a bit steep.

Car parking is free for guests, but if it's a busy day, you will be lucky to get a space, as the spa, pool and conference facilities are bookable separately from accommodation.

This hotel is very close to Vintners Park Crematorium so ideal if you have to arrive there early in the morning for a funeral.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sherryl,
Thank you for your review, constructive feedback and comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased to read that you found our team helpful, your comments will be shared with them. We look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#12 of 14 in Maidstone
Grange Moor Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
#13 of 14 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!