“Would never stay here again!”
Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Our room was next to some sort of service area that was used 24 hours, at 1:30 they were outside my room talking about someones shelf and then at 3:30 in the morning were moving loud bottles around. When i complained the next day there was no apology from reception at all. Despite having 1 hours sleep the previous night we begged 2 move room and the managed to find us another one that we had to move 2 at midnight on the second night of our stay as we were at a wedding all of that day- still no apology. Rooms had damp and mould and the shower curtain was designed so badly it made the shower fit for small children only. Rooms not very well insulated as could here every conversation of guests in next room very clearly. Breakfast was nice but the apple juice is very watered down! I would never stay again, hotels are for sleep and relaxation- not being woken up all through the night and leaving frustrated and getting ill because of the lack of sleep!

• Stayed: October 2013
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Lisa,
I am obviously very disappointed to read your review, I am sorry you did not have an enjoyable stay, please accept my apologies. Thank you for your constructive feedback, rest assured you have been heard and your feedback shared with the relevant departments for action and training to be carried out to address these issues.
I am surprised with your comments about the shower curtains though, we have recently replaced all of them with outward curved ones, designed to maximise personal room in the shower space, I am sorry it did not meet your expectations.
On a positive note I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast, your comments about orange juice have been discussed with the Food and Beverage management team for measures to be put in place to prevent this from happening again.
I do hope you will change your mind and give us another chance; I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide good stays to our guests. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We visited for one night in October 2013 and met up with friends who were also staying, before a funeral the next day.

The hotel has two floors, but no lift, so if you have mobility problems, I would suggest you ask for a ground floor room when booking. Staff were very helpful and carried our case to the room.

The room was spacious and comfortable and well set out. I would suggest you take a drink with you as the bottle of water in your room is almost 4.00 which I think is a bit steep.

Car parking is free for guests, but if it's a busy day, you will be lucky to get a space, as the spa, pool and conference facilities are bookable separately from accommodation.

This hotel is very close to Vintners Park Crematorium so ideal if you have to arrive there early in the morning for a funeral.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sherryl,
Thank you for your review, constructive feedback and comments. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and particularly pleased to read that you found our team helpful, your comments will be shared with them. We look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed here one night on the way to visit friends and was quite pleasantly surprised at the quality of the hotel. Easy access from the Motorway. Ample parking. Friendly staff at reception and a room up-grade without asking. Good selection, and quality, of bar food and an excellent breakfast buffet. No complaints here.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear theedge,
Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review about the Hilton Maidstone. I am pleased to read that we exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

If your looking for a less than average hotel then by all means stay at this one, our early check in consisted of the room not being clean, bath still half filled with water, rubbish bin still full of trash and a half filled glass of water on the bedside table. The only thing missing was the previous guests!! Breakfast was poor compared to whats on offer.!!

Room Tip: All the rooms are the same no matter what standard you book!

Dear Kevin,
I am sorry for shortfall in service you encountered. I have investigated what happened and a trainee team member checked you by mistake in a room which was not ready, I can only apologise and assure you that action and retraining has been carried out to prevent it from happening again.
I do hope this one off mistake will not stop you from giving us another chance next time you are in the area, I am sure we can provide you with a world class guest experience and restore your faith in our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

I spent an excellent time there. Unfortunately, my stay was too short to experience all of your service including the swimming pool and the bar. I slept well, the room was very comfortable, quiet and cosy.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Zsuzsanna,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your good stay at the Hilton Maidstone, I am delighted that you enjoyed it. We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'd like to temper my review by saying this isn't an terrible hotel. The rooms were clean enough and certainly large with a nice view. It was quiet and I had no trouble with the bed.

However, this hotel should not be labeled as a Hilton. Maybe a Ramada or a Best Western but it certainly does not meet the standards of a Hilton. (I'm basing my comments on experiences in America so my apologies to those of you who do not travel there.)

When I arrived the fixture in my tub was leaking: not a drip mind you but a stream of water. I was moved, at my request, to a second room where the closet door handle had come off of the door. (The door handle was fixed later at my request.) I understand maintenance issues occur, but it is below the quality of a Hilton to allow a room to be booked when it is in disrepair.

There are a range of other things that individually are excusable but together led to my low review. Something had splattered on the curtains so opening and closing them was kind of gross. The bathroom walls looked like they had been washed except for the bottom 2 feet which had drip marks giving the room a dingy, dual color effect. The coffee shop in the lobby does not open until 8am and the breakfast buffet will run you about $28 USD. The conservation sign said the sheets would be changed every three days, but since the pillow cases took on wrinkles over time and the duvet had a hole in it; I’m quite confident they were not changed during my weeklong stay, etc. etc.

Room Tip: There is no lift so request the ground floor.

Dear J S,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am glad to read there were positives to your stay but sorry that we did not meet all of your expectations. I am most disappointed with the shortfalls in housekeeping and maintenance you describe, I agree that they are unacceptable and can only apologise for them. Please rest assured your review has been followed up and discussed with the relevant departments for their checking procedures to be reviewed and improved, further to that I will be following up personally with spot checks.
I do hope that you will give us another chance, I am sure that despite differences in the hundreds of Hilton properties around the world the Hilton Maidstone can be a worth representative or our proud brand in Kent and I look forward to welcoming you back to prove it and restore your faith in our hotel.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

This hotel was recommended to us from a friend after visiting Leeds castle. I've stayed in many Hilton's before but this wasn't one of their best. It's a short drive from Maidstone town cente & Leeds castle. The rooms were large but I felt a little dated in some areas and it felt too corporate, plain and lacked any form of luxury. The bed was a little firm for my liking and the pillows were wafer thin.
I did not sleep well at all, as people were talking loudly and slamming doors throughout the night. Some returning from their night out at 3am talking and laughing at the top of their voices without any regard to other guests sleeping. The main room door had a large gap at the bottom which didn't add to the sound proofing.
After paying £104 for one night I begrudge having to pay wifi on top, this is 2013 come on Hilton this should be free! The TV had a poor picture lacked channels and had no channel guide or EPG so you didn't know what you were watching or what was on.
The breakfast was ok with a good choice, however I did not approve of the way the orange juice was rationed out. As someone that does not drink hot drinks I felt like a naughty school girl asking for more.
It wasn't fresh orange but slighly better quality than some hotels I have been too.

The layout of the hotel made for quite a long walk to visit the pool. It was too busy so we didn't use this.

The staff were very friendly and helpful, but I felt the hotel lacked any warmth, luxury or atmosphere so on that reason I would not visit again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ilovestotravel83

Dear Zippy,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet fully your expectations. We are constantly investing and updating our rooms, we have invested well in excess of £200k this year alone, my apologies that our decor was not to your taste. All of our mattresses and pillows are part of the renovations we carried out recently, I am sorry they were not for your liking.
We have enhanced our corridor checks overnight to address issues of guests being disturbed by others arriving late at night, I am sorry that you were inconvenienced by other guests during your stay. Our maintenance team has looked at the issue of TV reception and it has now been rectified.
I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast but I have not explanation for the comments about rationing of orange juice as there is plenty available on the buffet where you can help yourself as many times as you please. Perhaps the fact that we only serve the first glass at the table may have given you the impression that this was all available, I am sorry if this was the case. I have shared your comments with the Food and Beverage manager to retrain the team to communicate it more clearly to guests.
I am sorry our award winning club was too busy at the time you tried to use it. I am glad to read that you found our team helpful; your comments will be shared with them.
I do hope you will find reasons to give us another chance, I am sure we can provide you with a warm and pleasant stay that will restore your faith in our hotel. We look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#13 of 17 in Maidstone
Grange Moor Hotel
Grange Moor Hotel
#15 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!