“Hilton Maidstone - Staff”
Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Hilton Maidstone (Business trip..No pleasure)
The hotel is ideally located for business & pleasure situated close to London just off junction 7 of the M20, An impressive range of facitities to choose. Booked a deluxe twin room which was spacious and the bed comfortable. Dinner was okay. Breakfast was poor, the bacon & sausage had seen better days, so gave that a miss.
Unfortunately the assistance of the Hilton team was far from friendly. A real shame!
The bar staff totally dismissed my complaint when a prime malt whisky was served cloudy (dirty glass) I reminded them of quality & that we where the customers, no reactions.
When checking out for a business meeting it took over 20 minutes & two return visits to the desk to get the car park barrier to operate. (Frustrating) There was no urgency or concern the guys eyes never left the computer during our conversation. Thankfully a lovely lady from the gym came to our aid & assistance - thank you - star*****
I - We have stayed in a number of Hilton hotels over the years both home & abroad (business & pleasure) the hotel chain is fine, it will be the staff & interaction that will make or break your stay.
Enjoy! GCD
Concur with another writer outside the main entrance were cigarette butts lining the entrance door and the smell of nicotine, not ideal

Room Tip: The room was spacious and the bed comfortable, check out the Deluxe twin.
3  Thank Gee D
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Dear Gordon,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad there were some positives to your stay but disappointed to read about the issues you came across during your stay. Our head chef has been asked to look at what can possibly have happened with the breakfast items you mention, as most of the time we get really good feedback about it.
This is no excuse but since we very rarely have issues with team friendliness, I wonder if the fact that we have 15 new team members in training at the moment has caused you the wrong impression as I am sure they might be more insecure than unfriendly. Whatever the reason I assure you your feedback has been heard and shared with the team.
I hope next time you are in the area, will be for leisure and that you will give us another chance then, I am sure we can provide you a wholesome good experience and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stay in Hilton's often on business and this is no different to most. Rooms are comfortable and quiet, restaurant is ok, the buffet is normally very good value at this hotel however on this occasion was below standard with disappointing salad and a not so crispy crispy beef as one main. This is the first time I have been disappointed and at £17.50 for two courses is normally good value. Gym is small with 3 bikes and treadmills etc but very little space to warm up but good for a quick work out and pool is small but equally nice for a quick swim.

I always have an issue with breakfast, it is supposed to be continental from 6:30, but as this morning and all before it was not open until you stand around in the dark waiting to be found.

As a business traveller it is important to get on the road and aggravating to have to waste time waiting for the restaurant to open when it should be ready for the guests at the time advised.

Dear Sammy,
Thank you for your review, constructive feedback and indeed for your repeated business and preference. My apologies that your last meal was not as good as usual, although this should not happen, having a feedback that we can actually trace back to the facts is the best way of being able to do something about it and improve, thank you for that.
I assure you that both issues have highlighted on your review have been followed up with the relevant team members for corrective action to be put in place.
I hope you will continue to honour our hotel with your preference; we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stay in Maidstone approximately 40 nights a year for work. The Hilton is very conveniently located, however, I am considering not staying there anymore. It feels like they are not even trying any more - the food is poor, the hotel looks tired and old. The staff are generally friendly, Christos was a star at the Cafe Cino and so were the ladies at Reception. The gym is a mess, I wouldn't want to go back if I didn't have to.

1  Thank Tom_and_co
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear Tom,

Thank you for your regular preference, review and constructive feedback. I am really sorry and disappointed to read your review. I can assure you that we do care about listening to our customers’ feedback; we follow up on every comment card, guest survey, online review and any other source of feedback that reaches us and discuss them every morning in our daily management brief constantly looking for ways to meet our customers’ experiences fully.
Evidence of that is that just in the past 6 months we have invested well in excess of £200.000 in upgrades to the hotel facilities, equipment and plant rooms; further to that we have hired more than 15 new team members in the past two months, to try and help improving our services. It is with embarrassment and sadness that I read that you could possibly think otherwise, please accept my apologies.
Please rest assured that action is being implemented to rectify these issues as a matter of urgency. I do look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone and indeed to hear your feedback about the changes implemented.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

This hotel offers the comfort and service that a travelling business person needs after a long day. The staff are friendly and the ambience is pleasant. The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Good facilities including a pool. The price was comparable to other chain hotels; for me this hotel was higher in standard.

Dear Pirelli,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your positive experience with the readers of this website. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay; rest assured your compliments to the team have been shared with them.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone for more than a stopover, Kent is known as the Garden of England because there are plenty of world class attractions to visit.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

The rooms are quite squalid and dark with a malodorous smell and are very much outdated. The breakfast is very poor in terms of freshness and taste. The food was either overcooked or undercooked and was tasteless as well as overpriced. Outside the main entrance were cigarette butts lining the entrance door and the smell of nicotine which really makes me ill. I had to ask for my receipt of my expenses four times before they emailed it to me. The cleaning ladies are very unfriendly and ignored me when I said good morning. We stayed at this hotel because it was close to my father-in-law's home. We were here for his funeral. I love England -- the English people are the among the nicest people in the world, but this hotel left me with a bad taste in my mouth. Next, time we will spend more money and stay a better hotel. This hotel does not have any elevators or air conditioners which made are stay even more terrible.

Room Tip: Get a room at another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review and feedback. Please accept my apologies for having disappointed you in so many ways, please rest assured a thorough investigation is being carried out to try and find out the reasons for that.
I do hope that you will find reasons to come back to our hotel next time you are in England, I am confident from the majority of our guests feedback that we can provide a positive experience to our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is set just outside Maidstone ideal for driving into the centre and it has a large car park.
The leisure facilities are good with restrictions on when children can use them.
The breakfast is the standard buffet. A fairly good spread of different fruits.
Rooms are clean and bathroom and bath are large although the shower was dated.
Evening meal was mediocre at best. Not wanting to face the disappointment of another buffet I went for the a la carte. The steak came overlooked and tasteless felt like it had skulked at the bottom of the freezer for a while.
Overall I think it's a good hotel for location and a quick breakfast but definitely venture out for your evening meal.

• Stayed: September 2013
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am glad that there were positive aspects to your stay but I am disappointed to read that neither the 3 course buffet option you tried before nor the a la carte dish you tried during your last stay met your expectations, I can only apologise and assure you that your feedback has been shared with our kitchen team, which is constantly striving to improve and for that your feedback is much appreciated.
It seems that overall you will come back to the Hilton Maidstone next time you are in the area; we look forward to have another chance to provide you with a flawless world class guest experience.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Excellent hotel. Spotlessly clean room with good quality fittings. Super breakfast with a huge choice. Friendly and efficient check-in/out and staff happy to help. No free wifi in bedrooms is a disappointment - should be standard in my opinion - especially when paying these kind of prices - not too expensive but there are lower priced hotels offering this type of service.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Dear Timothy,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with the readers of this website. Our team and I are glad that you enjoyed and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Days Inn Maidstone
Days Inn Maidstone
#14 of 17 in Maidstone
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!