“Dissapointment”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“Dissapointment”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I booked this hotel as a birthday treat for my partners birthday, I payed extra for a superior room
Which was ok, the bathroom was nice, but the hotel was a disappointment. We came back after a busy Saturday and wanted to relax in the bar with a cocktail, the seating area lacks atmosphere and is very uncomfortable, we had to sit in the main reception area to find a comfy seat. The staff couldn't make my cocktail which was a black russian(not hard) and a finally got a grotty glass with loads of ice and not much else and cost a fortune. Breakfast had a fair selection but was cold both days.For the money I paid I was so disappointed expected something special and got nothing but a big hotel with nothing going for it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Pam,

I am sorry you did not enjoy your stay, please accept my apologies. I have spoken to our Food and Beverage manage about your review, training has been organised for the bar team and the issues of food temperature at breakfast were addressed immediately; kitchen procedures as well as training have been refreshed.

I hope you will give us another chance next time you need accommodation in Maidstone, I am sure we can change your opinion about our hotel.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Wiesbaden, Germany
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Was OK, but they have potential for more. The check out process was a pain in the neck. The pool was quiet mircky, even with a lot of chlorine it doesn't give a good feeling. But the breakfast buffet had everything to offer one wold like to think about. Unfortunately, the staff obviously does not like to work there, at least they showed faces, which gave room for this assunption.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Ulrike,

Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations; I agree we have potential for more, that is why we are constantly listening to feedback such as yours, so we can continuously improve. Our pool is kept at the highest standards of cleanliness, therefore I have asked our club manager to look at ways of prevent the chemical reaction that gave you the wrong impression, please accept my apologies. I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast but also disappointed and surprised to read your comments about the team, our team friendliness is generally praised by the majority of our guests, nevertheless your feedback has been shared with them.

I hope you will give us another chance when you are next in the area, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Don't expect the luxury of what you would normally associate with hilton. The room was big, but extremely dated- most premier inns seem to be more modern than this! The breakfast was fine-no different from any of the big chain hotels. The staff were friendly & helpful- unfortunately the room we stayed in just was way below expectations.

Dear Asha,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am sorry we did not meet your expectations; I assure you that we are constantly investing and updating our hotel, feedback helps us to understand what else we can do to improve, so rest assured you have been heard. I hope the good points during your stay will bring you back next time you are in the area.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Bexley, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Hotel was lovely when you first went in and staff were very nice and did everything they could to make your stay pleasant. My only complaint would be the rooms are very dated and are in need of some TLC. The bathroom was a horrible yellow colour with paint peeling off the walls and the shower looked like it was on its last legs and the dial was actually broken. I would have complained at checkout if it weren't for the fact that the queue was immense and there weren't actually any staff at the desk so I opted for the express checkout option and just dropped off my key.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Kirstie,

Thank you for your constructive feedback. I am pleased to read your comments about the team but sorry that there were shortfalls of maintenance in your bathroom, I have shared your review with the housekeeping and maintenance teams for that to be rectified. Rest assured you have been heard.

I hope the good points during your stay will bring you back next time you are in the area, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

hastings, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

lovely hotel and staff with lovely clean rooms, just very exspensive for breakfast at £16.95 per person would definatly stay again its a good location with good parking and helpful staff just very exspensive breakfast

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Dean,

Thank you for your review, good comments and scores. Our breakfast price is in keeping with our market but if you book it along with your room you will notice that it will be even more competitive. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Wareham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This hotel is ok. It's got a gym, okish breakfast, rooms are large, staff are friendly enough ... But it's definitely not on the luxurious end of Hilton's UK properties. Just a bit too modern, soul less and travelling salesman / recruitment interviews. Saying that the location just off M20 is great and prices reasonable. When I went it was packed with at least 2000 'grey' holidayers so breakfast was a bit of a bun fight. If you have to stay here; no problem, but I would choose it especially.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Claude,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am glad that you found our hotel convenient, however my apologies for not meet your expectations fully. We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone, we are confident from the feedback of the majority of our guests that we can provide great hospitality and change your opinion next time.

Middlesex
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. The Hotel was brilliant. Rooms great even got an upgrade without asking. Breakfast was excellent and the hotel staff were very helpful. Highly recommend this hotel and will stay again when in the area.

Dear Frances,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I am happy to read that you enjoyed it and better still that you will return, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Travelodge Maidstone Central
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!