“will definitely stay again!”
Review of Hilton Maidstone

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 5, 2013

lovely hotel! stayed for 2 nights at end of April 2013 with a mate. had the indulgence package and paid a little extra for the deluxe room which was well worth it! 2 very comfortable double beds and easily room for a third! possibly the biggest room i've ever stayed in. love having bathrobes and slippers! usual amenities...tv, tea/coffee making facilities, hairdryer, iron and ironing board plus fridge and clock radio.
had an included buffet dinner on our first night which was fab. lots of choices and all very fresh and plentiful. staff were great and very attentive considering it was self service.
the breakfast we had each morning was also great. excellent choice from the buffet, hot and cold...again very fresh, plentiful and delicious.
we didnt use the gym but it did look well equipped and well used by other guests. the pool and jacuzzi were lovely. myself and my friend had treatments in the salon. the therapist was lovely and did a fab job! i love my sparkly toenails!! we'll definitely be returning for another indulgence package and may well bring a few other friends along too!
i think the only downside was the bar. although very comfortable and lovely staff again, i think £7.50 for a glass of wine is a bit much. fortunately we had some chilling in the fridge in our room!!
overall, a lovely relaxing weekend which we really needed!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear Jen,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay, I am glad that you enjoy our indulgency package, that is what we strive to deliver every day to every customer. I am sure the team will enjoy reading your review too.
Best of all that you will be back, we all look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed May 5, 2013

............. how they stay in Business !!!

We stayed here for one night as we were visiting a dog show the next day and friends of ours were located here on their trip over from Australia.

What a nightmare.

Check in was fine and the room seemed OK. We joined our 'Australian Visitors' for dinner in the hotel along with 6 or 7 other friends who were also attending the show the next day. The meal was very average ... we chose the hot buffet option (if you have the choice eat out in Maidstone - the food will be better).

We noticed whilst having our meal how noisy the dining area was with a number of families in the room who couldn't control (or did not want to control) their children who ran around constantly. As the noise level grew and the patience of our overseas friends dropped we decided to abandon our meal early and seek refuge in the lounge area where hopefully we could drink coffee in peace and quiet. How wrong we were.

The hoards of children soon decided to use the lounge area as an unsupervised play room despite it being close on 9.00pm. Eventually a few of the mothers left the dining area to sit in the lounge with the children but this made no difference ...... the fathers took up residence in the bar. The noise level just increased !!

By this point it was near 10.00pm and despite most of the children apparently being in the 4 - 10 year age range there was no sign of them going to bed. The 'older' children were by this time jumping on and off tables, using chairs as trampolines and screaming as loud as they could.

This activity took place in full sight of the reception which is located to the side of the lounge area. When the receptionist was asked to deal with it they shrugged their shoulders ... we then asked for the Duty Manager. Ten minutes later a very young man appeared and when the problem was explained to him he just said he could do nothing about it as it was "holiday time" and the kids were just playing ??????

He suggested that we move to the bar area, as he explained (whilst smirking) that children were excluded from the bar after 10.00pm, which we duly did.

This had zero impact, as when we sat in the bar the children were still just running around there as well, this time in front of their fathers who were more intent on drinking than dealing with the issues. It was clear at this point that the Manager was "scared" of dealing with the heavily inebriated group of men.

We gave up at this point and went to our rooms.

To add insult to injury our Toilet packed up in the middle of the night and could not be flushed !

The next morning Reception asked if we had enjoyed our stay when we were checking out .... we explained the problems and we were promised that a senior Manager would contact us immediately upon their return to discuss the issues. 3 weeks later - STILL WAITING !

Our entire party was disgusted at the lack of management of the problems on a Saturday night in such a high profile Hotel chain .... we are so embarrassed as to what our Australian visitors thought about UK Hotels and the behaviour of the "guests" that stay in them.

If going to Maidstone ..... stay anywhere else but at the Hilton.

Dear Gary,
I am sorry for the disruption caused to your stay by the family you have written about, although we are a hotel proud of welcoming families with their children to the Garden of England, I know from the duty manager’s report that this family in question was particularly difficult despite our team’s best efforts to contain their children’s behaviour.
I can assure you that the team is prepared and not afraid of dealing with any situation, unfortunately there are limits to what can be done to force parents to discipline small children. That family was eventually evicted from the hotel, I am truly sorry that as far as your experience goes it was one evening too late.
I have also spoken to the team member who checked you out and the person’s recollection was: to have apologised to you for the incident but also of being left with the impression that you held the parents responsible for that and that you believed the duty manager had done everything possible to deal with the situation, I would not have hesitated to contact you otherwise, I am sorry for the misunderstanding.
Regarding the faulty toilet I have spoken to the maintenance manager and we have no records of any faulty toilets reported on that day or the day after by any guest, therefore all I can do is to assure you and the readers of this website that all of our bedrooms are thoroughly checked before guests’ arrival and we would not have checked in any guests in a room with faulty equipment.
Once again I am sorry for this incident, we are not used to this sort of guests, nevertheless I have spoken to the team about it and if we are unfortunate enough to come across with anything similar in future, we should be taking steps to evict them earlier.
I hope you will give us another chance to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone, I am sure from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we are able to provide world class hospitality and change the bad impression this experience has caused.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

Getting to be a regular at this hotel now and if I am going to have stay anywhere a lot then this hotel will do the job.
Very nice welcome on reception and the lady kindly upgraded me to a larger room which was much appreciated. She also gave me some free wifi which makes such a difference to my views. I do still hope one day that they will move into the 20th century and stop charging most people £15 per night unless of course you have a gold/platinum card which I don't. I know its general policy with Hiltons but come on this is now available in even the smallest hotels for pocket change. Anyway less of the moans I enjoyed this stay and food as ever was varied well cooked and plentiful. Breakfast is gorgeous and my only small bit of feedback here is that considering the cost of the hotel having toast brought to you with your tea/coffee would be nice rather than having to wait for a fairly inefficient toaster machine whilst your meal gets cold.

Staff as ever are friendly and attentive and actually do seem to care about your stay
I will be back because it is so close to my work but also because I do enjoy my time here

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Nelski,
Thank you for your review, constructive feedback and preference. I am pleased to read you found your stay to be a “home from home” stay. Internet access, you are correct, that it is company worldwide current policy to provide it for free to Hilton Honors members only. I am glad you liked our food as well and found our breakfast “gorgeous”, regarding toasts, guests are allowed to make their own because there is a range of different bred types, Danishes and pastries available, therefore one can make their own choice at their own time and preference.
The team will be delighted when they hear about your praises to them, because they do indeed care. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Nice hotel, but someone's put a notice in the smoking area saying "please put cig ends in bin or someone else will have to". maybe the someone else should be a cleaner! The rubbish bins were over-following the whole time I was there & there were cig butts every where. If the hotel manager made sure that the area was keep tidy, the notice might not be necessary!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Diane K

Dear Diane,
Thank you for your review and constructive feedback. I am sorry for the cleanliness, or like of it, in the smoking area, I assure you there is a cleaning procedure in place and I have shared your review with those responsible for that. I can also assure you that the message you mentioned is only meant to gently point out that there are ashtrays provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Beautiful stay at the hotel. Really friendly staff and if i didn't have such a bad hangover i would have eaten more breakfast as it was lovely food, i just couldn't eat due to the hangover ha ha. Not sure i have 200 characters to write on this hotel as i just used it as a stop gap. But will keep writing until the characters have run out.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to write a good review about the Hilton Maidstone, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope you will be back with more time to enjoy our hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed here as we were attending a special family celebration and it really is a super hotel, quiet, spacious and really comfy beds too. The staff were all very helpful and obliging, throughout our stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your review, I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stay here very frequently and have always found the staff very welcoming. The rooms are good as well and the bar and restaurant up to normal Hilton standard. There is one area that makes it stand out and that's the bar food. There is a very good bar menu with a lot of English classics, the Steak and Kidney pudding is excellent. The Restaurant offers slightly more although I would say the best value is in the bar meals. The restaurant buffet option is a very good value alternative however, and offers the all you can eat style with standard buffet selections.

Room prices vary a lot depending on occupation and it's worth having a chat with the reservations staff to get the best deal.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for your good comments about our hotel and indeed for your regular preference, I am glad that you enjoy our hospitality and services as that is what we strive to deliver every day to every customer. I am sure the team will enjoy reading your review too.
We all look forward to welcoming you back again to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Days Inn Maidstone
Days Inn Maidstone
#14 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!