“Relaxing evening”

Hilton Maidstone
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Maidstone
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We stayed for only one night at this hotel, just me and my husband! The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Rooms were lovely and clean. We ate in the Hotel restaurant, food was ok, nothing particularly special but was ok. We then sat in the hotel bar for a couple of drinks, extremely relaxing, again staff very pleasant and efficient. The hotel had a mixture of young, old and families. We had breakfast the following morning, was really lovely, better than dinner the night before.

The only downside was some of the noise from other guests late at night on their way back to their rooms.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear Mandy,
Thank you for your review, I am glad to read that enjoyed our facilities, services and had a relaxing time. I am sure the team will also be happy when they see your comments.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

We travelled down from Scotland to visit Family for a few days. We stayed at this hotel as we wanted somewhere nice to stay and we have used Hiltons in the past. Check in was excellent and staff very friendly. Our room was excellent one of the biggest we have had in any hotel. Clean and warm also. The restaurant and bar area were excellent. We used the pool and gym area and it was great. The pool was warm as was the facilities. The gym was well equipped with everything you needed. Breakfast was plentiful and the choice was excellent. We had an evening meal and it also was excellent. We chose the buffet with an excellent choice and variety. We had an issue with an offer on the meal which was not explained clearly to us. However after asking to have this rectified it was done without any hesitation and promptly. We can't fault this hotel and would return again on future visits. We would like to mention our room cleaner who folded our pyjamas and placed them on our pillows. She also placed our daughters cuddly toys on her pillows. It's the little things that make the difference.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Raymond B

Dear Raymond,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review, I am delighted to read that you had the chance to use all of our facilities and services and indeed that enjoyed it. I am sure the team will also be happy with your comments. Sorry for the issue you found, I am glad to read that the team rectified it promptly

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night on the 23rd March, we had been invited to a Wedding Anniversary Party by our friends. We had a lovely sit down three course meal (really nice lady overseeing the meals, very friendly and polite), and a DJ and disco after. It was all very nicely done and we enjoyed it immensley. Our room was huge, with 2 large beds and a really good size bathroom. Also, you could set the temperature of your room yourself...so no scrimping on local aircon. Check in/out was quick and efficient and the staff we came across were all pleasant and helpful. Nikos in the bar was such fun, my husband was speaking a little Greek to him and later he sent over a drink to him, which was a really nice gesture. I left my iphone at the hotel, and I didnt realise until 3 days ago. We had stayed in 4 different hotels that week, as we wanted to see London. I had no idea where my phone was, and thought I would never see it again...that is until Melissa contacted me and said they had found my phone. I was well impressed with their honesty and extreemly impressed with the lovely friendly, professional and kind customer service given to my by Melissa. I would recommend this hotel to friends and familly and I would stay there again....also, the breakfast at this hotel, was the best we had in all the time we were away. Thank you to housekeeping for handing in my iphone and compliments to all the staff.

Room Tip: We had a large party and all the rooms were great. Please advise staff if you have a problem with st...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Chania,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for recommending us to the readers of this website. I am really pleased that you enjoyed your stay, rest assured I have shared you review with the team and they were delighted to see their effort publicly recognised.
Better still that you would be back, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We stayed at this hotel and chose the Hilton expecting a quality experience, I was offered a paid upgrade on arrival which I took up, the room was ok, not worth the upgrade price. Unfortunately it backed onto the ladies toilets and was in the busiest corridor in the hotel. Noisy traffic coming through constantly and we were awoken at 7 by a loud grinding noise from the toliets that backed onto the room, some cleaning machine I presume. The pool area is average at best, the jacuzzi doesnt work and there is nobody monitoring any roudy behaviour. Not a relaxing experience. The breakfast was awful, had to wait ages in the lobby and offered tea and coffee from a disgusting table that was strewn with spillages and remnants of sugar and wrappers. our plates were dirty and staff were rude and unhelpful. only received coffee on the third time of asking - another 20 minutes, food was average and tepid. Opted for cereal and left. When we complained on departure only discount offered was the upgrade price id paid for. Would not have paid had I not already settled on arrival You would be better off in a travelodge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on Saturday to break our trip from Champagne to the NW and chose this hotel purely for its location from the tunnel. The girl who checked us in was dozey and had the attention span of a goldfish! We weren't "listed" on the breakfast sheet and, although we were seated within a few minutes, my daughter & boyfriend had a 15 minute wait! Others, if in a party of more than 2, had a 30 minute wait. This wasn't due to lack of free tables but to only 1 person seeming to know what she was doing the others needed a rocket behind them! The lady in charge was really lovely and, although she was having to were several "hats" from making caffe lattes to seating people at their table, pouring the juice and actually clearing tables, she was so pleasant!
As usual with the Hilton we had trouble booking this hotel as when booking on line(thinking it is easier & quicker) there wasn't the facility to book 2 rooms under one booking so we had to make 2 separate bookings but both had the same booking reference. Therefore, we had to spend time phoning the hotel to get clarification and check that we would in fact have 2 rooms available on our arrival!! We couldn't give card details to allow us to watch pay movies as the card we wanted to use was different from the payment card!! Sort yourselves out Hilton!!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Very noisy with kids running up & down corridors at midnight! No lift!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank gourmet42
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear gourmet42,
Thank you for your constructive feedback, I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. Firstly I am surprised to read your comments about the team member who checked you in as our team members are generally our main strength and we are more used to positive comments such as the ones you make about our restaurant supervisor, if you would like to contact me directly to give me more details about the time and date you checked in I assure you I will investigate it further and take action as appropriate.
Without more details about your booking I cannot unfortunately comment on the reason why you would not be on the list, anyhow I am sorry that you felt inconvenienced. Also my apologies about your son’s wait for breakfast, I can only apologise about it without knowing what date you stayed.
You definitely can book two, or even more, rooms under one booking, and also pay for your pay movies with a separate credit card, therefore I have no explanation for your comments. Once again please feel free to contact me directly to give me more information about your stay, so I can investigate and take action about it if necessary.
We hope you will change your mind and come back to the Hilton Maidstone next time you are in the area, I am confident from the majority of our guests’ feedback that we can provide good food as well as an overall positive experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

After staying at this hotel previously and receiving faultless service, we were very keen to return for my wife's birthday and a planned shopping trip in Maidstone.
We were very pleased we did, as the friendliness of staff and the service was faultless throughout our stay. The welcome from Leonardo and staff as we arrived was a perfect start; with every member of staff we encountered appearing to have genuine desire to make sure guests were happy. Our room was spotlessly clean and the hotel had even put a bottle of champagne in our room, with a birthday card for my wife. The evening meal had plenty of choice and the food was first class with very tasty cooking and nice portion size. I had steak which I like cooked rare and the chef had cooked it to perfection, I had arranged for a surprise birthday cake to be brought to the table after our meal and the staff all sang happy birthday as they presented the cake, making it a perfect end to my wife's birthday. The breakfast in the morning once again had lots of choice and the tasty cooked breakfast was a great way to start the day. I can honestly say as diamond member after staying at many Hilton hotels I was very impressed and had no doubts about this hotels ability to provide a first class service. We will not hesitate to use this hotel again and thank you to all the staff, who worked hard to look after us.

Room Tip: we had room 114, which looked out over beautifuly tended garden
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronborrett

Dear Mr Borret,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review recommending the Hilton Maidstone and indeed for your repeated preference. Was a pleasure to welcoming you back and I am glad to read that we helped you and your wife to enjoy her birthday getaway. Our team was also delighted when I shared your review with them.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

I stayed in this Hilton with my family during the Easter break Mon-Fri using my HHonours points as a Gold member. I work away from home and as such spend a lot of time staying in hotels. I'd rate this as one of the better Hiltons I've stayed in. We had a good welcome and were given an upgrade by the reception. The room was modern, spacious and clean. Sometimes I'm not impressed with the bathrooms but this one was newish and clean. During the week we ate at the hotel and used the gym/pool facilities but mostly as a base to visit places in the area. Again I thought the pool and changing rooms were clean and of good standard. The gym is a little small but ok for a hotel.

The food I thought was variable. The breakfast was good and I had no complaints with that but other items ordered on the evening time in the bar and for room service were not so good. Cheese on toast (toast was burnt) and the pasta was stodgy and didn't look fresh. Previous reviews refer to dirty glasses etc being left in the corridors throughout the day and I saw the same during my stay at this hotel. It is something common to all hotels I stay in so I can only assume that picking up trays and glasses from corridors is low on the list of priorities for hotel management. I personally view it as a health & safety hazard for children and it is things like this that make this a 'good' hotel and not a 'great' hotel experience.

On the positive side, the staff are friendly and helpful and the hotel has recently introduced a range of ideas that would address some of the complaints mentioned in other reviews such as extended swim times for children, free internet etc. The hotel is well positioned just outside of Maidstone and has easy access to the motorway. There is plenty to do in the area and some good pub/restaurants to visit.

I would stay at this hotel again and hope it continue to improves. My recommendation to the hotel general manager is to keep up the good work but don't forget the basics. Cleaning your corridors would show pride in your hotel and your chef needs to show a little more pride in his/her work too.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Owen,
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel and indeed for your preference, I am glad to read that you enjoyed your Easter break with us. Also thank you for your constructive feedback and apologies that some aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. I assure you it will be discussed with the team. For one we have already improved our tray follow up procedures and increased the number of collections.
Thank you once again for your preference, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Mercure Maidstone Great Danes Hotel
Travelodge Maidstone Central
Travelodge Maidstone Central
#11 of 17 in Maidstone

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!