“I would go back”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Watford, United Kingdom
“I would go back”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We had a great time here, the food was the normal excellent standard you'd expect from a Hilton. My son has a severe dairy allergy, we pre-warned them and nothing was too much trouble for the chefs or the waiters/waitress's, they did not make us feel like an inconvenience so for that we would like to thank them. As there were 5 of us we had to have 2 rooms, the one I shared with my daughters was a good size and it was clean, my husband and son shared the other one, same great size as ours but the cleanliness was let down in their bathroom my pubic hairs being found on the bathroom floor, my husband was too embarrased to tell them so cleared it himself. Overall, staff were friendly, food good and nothing was too much trouble so for that reason we'd go back.

Room Tip: When booking on line for 2 people it doesn't always work out cheaper to have the twin bedded roo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank michelle G
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your constructive feedback, praises and for recomending our hotel. I am glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay and indeed that the team was there for your special requirements, I am sure they will be please to read it has been appreciated. I also assure you that we will be following up on your comments about the toiled cleanliness, my apologies for that.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family again to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
Watford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Having stayed at many hilton hotels, we knew what to expect. The rooms were just as nice as we expected - clean and spaceous, and the food was nicer than expected. The place was clean and the staff were friendly, the pool was immaculate and there was a huge varity of things to eat for breakfast and dinner. On the seconds night there we had a baguette from the bar, and it was lovely - it was so flavoursome and deliceous.
My overall stay was great and I would quite happily stay there again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tara G
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Tara,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for recommending us to the readers of this website. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay, I am sure our team will love to hear about that too.
Better still that you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you again to the Hilton Maidstone.
Derby, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Food is expensive for quality. aimed at a business user on a £25 budget. buffet £21 and a pint £4. convenient. Other hotels in the area ie the Ramada encore and Holiday inn have an affordable a la carte menu but rooms by no means meet the standard of the Hilton. would go Hilton every time simply for the room quality.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Callum W
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Callum,
Thank you for taking the time to recommend our hotel and indeed for your preference, I am glad that you enjoy staying with us. Also thank you for your constructive feedback, I assure you it will be discussed with the team.
Thank you once again for letting us know your thoughts, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
England
Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have just had a three night stay in the Hilton Hotel in Maidstone. The hotel was very clean and the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and clean with a good bathroom – although the toilet was rather hard to flush. However the first night we found that the bed was extremely uncomfortable but when I mentioned it at reception the following morning they were very apologetic and offered to move us to another room, which we did. This room was to the same standard and the bed was comfortable. There was a safe in the room which was free. There was the usual tea and coffee making facilities but also an alarm clock, trouser press, hair dryer and a full ironing board and iron. The TV was somewhat difficult to use as there was no TV guide that we could find but was well positioned so it could be viewed from the sofa or the bed.

The breakfast in the hotel was very good, plenty to offer from full English to continental with just about everything in-between. The staff were again polite and the serving area was regularly cleaned with the food removed and replaced regularly.

We used the swimming pool, spa and steam room which again we found to be very clean and well maintained with the staff polite and helpful. The gym, although we didn’t use it, looked very well equipped and clean.

There was free parking at the hotel but we had trouble parking when we returned to the hotel after a day out due to the conference centre being used but did eventually find a space.

We thought the restaurant and drink prices a little high in the hotel but there are plenty of places nearby to eat if you want something a bit more reasonable.

All in all the stay was very good, the hotel clean and staff in all departments courteous and helpful. I would recommend the hotel to anyone wishing to stay in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Doris21
Dear Doris,
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback and guest experience with us and other readers of this website, also thank you for the high scores and praises, I am sure the team will be delighted with your feedback. This is the type of experience we strive to provide to all of our guests!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were very very disappointed with our special valentines stay because as soon as we arrived "things went wrong"
we ordered over priced coffees and prawn baguette?the baguette was an old one and only had at least 6 tiny salad prawns in it?it was all mayo?we were offered a replacement but no refund?so we declined.
then had a special a la carte menu treat as the buffet looked yucky and dried up?(as I sat down I noticed a big hole in the booth seat)the meal was much more money but we thought it would be better if we paid for fresh?the starter prawn cocktail was on a plate not a dish?and the bread was just supermarket brown sliced.all soggy and unappetising?
then I had the expensive T bone steak (as we never normally spend that much but it was a special day for us)the veg and mash were over cooked soggy and Luke warm although the steak
was nice.
My wife had a pavlova pudding when it arrived she was bemused to find a big pile of cream and strawberries and shock! No meringue! ??
Is the kitchen running low on food we thought?as this was the second time in one day where we paid for food that was not there??
We have heard of cutbacks and not wasting food?but this was ridiculous?
then our room service breakfast was cold and the order missing more food again?
maybe as the staff who were laughing about us previously when they thought we couldn't see them?thought we were too fat and shouldn't eat so much??
the chairs in the room are too low to eat at the table we felt like dwarfs Also traffic is noisy The room window was cold and draughty,with cigarette butts outside the window and under the bath handle was nasty looking grunge.

We paid a lot of money because we thought that the name HILTON is something that purveys quality and the highest service possible and that's why they charge a premium?(we even upgraded after the receptionist suggested it.To make it special because we thought we would experience something worth paying for)?
we are not rich and saved up for our treat as we haven't been away together for over 8years?

Our Valentines was pants!!
premier inn or travel lodge next time?

Room Tip: Always ask to look at room first
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Gregory H
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Gregory,
I am sorry to read that you encountered service shortfalls during your stay, thank you for bringing it to my attention, I can assure you that these are not the standards we strive to deliver, it is currently under investigation and action will follow if necessary.
We do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone as I am confident that we can deliver the high standards of service you expect from us.
Hotel General Manager

Travelers are raving about these Maidstone hotels

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights on business.
Plenty of free parking spaces which makes a nice change to other hotels. The reception staff were very friendly and check in was quick & painless. As a Hilton Honours member I was apparently given an upgraded room which other than dressing gown & slippers, I couldn't see how it might have been much different from any other. That said, it was a nice room with a very large comfortable bed and large tv, The bathroom was well kitted out and overall I was very happy with the room.
The hotel has good leisure facilities and a large pool which was a nice way to relax in the evening.
Breakfast was a self service buffet and the quality was better than some hotels I've stayed in and the staff were friendly & attentive.
Well situated for the M20, but a bit remote, although there are a couple of pubs within walking distance. Have stopped here before & would use again. Recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Whukev,
Thank you for your review, recommendation and indeed for your repeated preference. I am glad to read that you had the chance to use and enjoyed most of our facilities and services. I am sure the team will also be happy when they see your comments.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Had a fun 2nd date with my new boyfriend hear!

Really cute spa area, lots of fun!

Yummy food!

Easy parking!

The rooms and bright and airy and really relaxing! Very romantic too!

Thanks for making me and baby feel really welcome!

Would definitely recommend this Hotel to others!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hannah B
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Hannah,
Thank you for taking the time to recommend us and share your positive experience with other readers of this website. Our team and I are glad that you had a good time in our hotel.
We look forward to welcoming you and your boyfriend back in the near future.
Hotel General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
#10 of 15 in Maidstone
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!