“good experience”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Dover, kent
“good experience”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

All very good. Great staff, very friendly, efficient and smiley . Pool and sauna good. Rooms very clean although TV could have had a few more channels. Close to Maidstone centre. Taxi costs approx £8 one way. Afternoon tea was good. Free car parking. Nice modern bathroom. Breakfast was very good with a huge selection.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Steve,
Thank you for taking the time to praise the Hilton Maidstone, this is the experience we strive to provide to all of our guests.
We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Hotel General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed November 5, 2012

On our way up from Europe to Northern England, we stayed here one night. Wonderful welcome by the receptionist who showed a good sense of humour (can't remember the last time I had such a good hotel welcome) and checked us in efficiently. Rooms well appointed for the price other than there was - surprisingly - no hair-dryer; I can only hope this was an oversight.

Bar OK if not particularly welcoming - and conventional selection of industrial beers, rather than anything rather more local.

Breakfast choice very good - pity we were under a cool aircon unit, but that didn't spoil the food. The lady on the welcome desk there was equally charming - if they are indicative of the overall staff attitude, the hotel must be a pleasant place to work.

Good value for the money and much cheaper than the neighbouring Marriott although the beds don't match the famous Marriott standard.

Overall, we will be happy to return on future trips.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dear Peter,
Thank you for your review and recommendation, I am glad to read you enjoy stay with us, I am sure the team will like your review too when I share it with them.
Please note that all of our rooms have hair driers in the bottom drawer of the vanity unit, I am sorry you did not find it.
Finally I am delighted you will be back, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Bromley, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Hilton Maidstone 3 times now and will be returning this Friday November 9th for a 4th time. I usually take advantage of the Hilton's January sale and book a couple of nights in the year. I stay with my Wife and now 6 month old daughter.
The staff are always helpful and friendly, the rooms and always nice, clean and spacious. The pool is a nice size and well kept. The buffet breakfast has always been excellent and good quality. The free car park is a bonus too. There is generally always a nice atmosphere in and around the lobby, bar and restaurant area. I find it's nicer at the weekends as there are other families around rather than the lone business people you usually see in the week. This will be my second stay with my baby daughter, I have requested a ground floor room as on my previous stay they put us on the first floor so it was very difficult carrying luggage, a buggy and a car seat up 2 flights of stairs (there are no lifts at all) .
My 2 negative points are, firstly the cost of the wifi is £15 a night, that's too expensive. However, I have just read the Manager Leonardo's comments in a previous review that wifi is free to Hilton Honours members which I wasn't aware of, so I will be putting this to the test when I stay on Friday.
My only other negative point is the bar prices. As a couple/family, we usually like to sit in the bar for an hour or so before we go out to dinner but at their current prices we just can't do this anymore. In my previous visits the Hilton have had promotions on certain drinks such as Guinness was £2 a pint on St Patrick's Day and Champagne has been £3 a glass too!. I would really encourage the Hilton to have these promotions more often as it will certainly bring more people to the bar, for longer. A promotion this Friday will be ideal timing!.
I hope this review helps, I will review my upcoming stay next week.

Room Tip: If you have small children, I would recommend requesting a ground floor room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Dear Kevin,
Thank you for taking the time to compliment and praise the Hilton Maidstone in this website. I am delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay and indeed that you will be back, I am sure the team will love to hear about that too.
Also thank you for reading my responses. Regarding free WiFi for Hilton Honours members TripAdvisor’s rules do not allow me to elaborate on that but please note that T&C apply.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights for visiting family in Kent. Very convenient for Kent attractions but also travelling to london. Comfortable, large room, good breakfasts,nice swimming pool and gym. Plenty of free parking and despite proximity to M20 and A20 our room was quiet and we got 3 good nights sleep.

Room Tip: If a family choose deluxe double double to get large room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank leedssally
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Leedssally,
Thank you for taking the time to recommend the Hilton Maidstone, I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Maidstone.
Cheshire UK
Reviewed October 24, 2012

3 nights here on business so the home comforts are really important. Room was spot on....spacious, plenty of lighting options, place to relax other than just the bed and a nice big bathroom. Cleaners do a great job and the staff overall are friendly and helpful. Massive free car park and the breakfast is plentiful.

Nearly top scores Hilton but you have lost that with the age old complaint of your pricing and a real let down with room service. Isn't it about time you offered wifi in the rooms for a more 21st century price? £15 per day....therefore £45 for my stay.......that's just laughable when your competitors are offering it free or for considerably less. I don't want to sit in the lounge all night working to get the free connection...I want to relax in my room. You also took over an hour to deliver a very small plate of cheese and biscuits ......£9 .....oh and of course £8.20 for a dry wine in the bar.

Would love to see Hilton starting to offer a few more options for us regular business users.....

Overall great hotel small changes would make it even better

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Nelskii
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Nelskii,

Thank you for taking the time to praise our hotel and give your constructive feedback, I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please note that Internet if free to Hilton Honours members, so if you are frequent traveller it might be an idea to check this option. Apologies for the delay with your room service order, all of your comments have been taken on board and discussed with our team.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Hilton Maidstone.

Hotel Manager
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Stayed here on business for one night on my own and was made to feel very wlecome by staff at reception and breakfast. The room was large, comfortable and quiet. I didn't pay so can't really comment on value. Breakfast had a good range of food.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear reviewer,

I am glad to read you had an enjoyable stay at the Hilton Maidstone, thank you for taking the time to give your feedback.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton Maidstone this time last year enroute to France & were a little disappointed however they certainly redeemed themselves on our two visits to & from France this year. As Diamond Hilton members we were given our usual upgrade on both visits (this didn't happen last time!) the rooms were spacious & very clean. Service at reception was much better & certainly quicker. On our return trip last Saturday we decided to eat in the hotel restaurant, we both had steak which was OK but was let down with freezer chips rather than a good big bowl of homemade ones! The young lady on front of house was extremely helpful & ceratinly deserves a mention, thank you. After a very comfortable nights sleep we enjoyed a very good breakfast & not the usual Hilton Buffet I usually moan about!! Everything was fresh, well presented & I really enjoyed it. Hilton Maidstone is ideally situated as a stop over before & after the Tunnel crossing to France & based on this much improved stay we'll ceratinly stop again next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
LeonardoGagliano, General Manager at Hilton Maidstone, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Dov,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback; it will be shared with the team. Also thank you for your repeated preference and indeed I am glad to read you found we continue to improve.
Best of all you plan to be back next year; we look forward to welcoming you again.
Hotel Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maidstone
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Travelodge Maidstone Central
The Black Horse Inn
The Black Horse Inn
#1 of 1 in Thurnham

Been to Hilton Maidstone? Share your experiences!