“Great meal before heading to Thailand”
Review of Narai Thai Palace

Narai Thai Palace
Ranked #18 of 313 Restaurants in Maidstone
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Great meal before heading to Thailand”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The night before we flew out to Bangkok we decided to have a meal at the Thai Palace and we were not disappointed. The food and service were great. We decided to have a Baileys at the end of the meal, because they had none behind the bar the manager went out to the local off-licence and bought a bottle. Now that what I call great service.

1 Thank Stephen J

• Thai first
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Our fourth visit over 18 months did not disappoint. The dishes looked great and tasted even better. The green curry had just the right amount of bite, not overpowering the tender chicken. Service was friendly and efficient and the homely character has not changed from our original visit. In summary, the best Thai food in Kent.

Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely place”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I'm working in the area so the last few days struggling to find a decent place to get a takeaway to take back to the hotel.
Well I'm impressed with this place. Very friendly staff and priced reasonable.
I had the prawn pad thai noodle and the chicken parcels lovely.
My only gripe could do with some chilli but this is personal taste.

Worth a visit!

Kent, United Kingdom
“Poor is this the same place!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Went here for the first time for my partners birthday on Saturday 28th September based on the strength of the reviews on TA, I am thinking that I must have gone to the wrong restaurant as our experience was nothing like the other reviews on here.

We love Thai Food and there are no decent ones in the Maidstone area we have found since Baan Thai shut in Yalding, I made a booking here and we turned up at 8pm I had to double take outside and check it was the right place as its called Thai Palace and the word Narai doesn't appear anywhere also the restaurant looks like a takeaway and was so brightly lit but it was packed which we thought was a good sign. We were shown to our table and inside the lighting is even brighter there is no ambiance at all as its brighter than the sun inside the restaurant. Menu's arrived they are tacky plastic menu's that you would expect in a takeaway and we ordered a bottle of wine from the "speciality" wine list, the waitress went away returning minutes later as they had sold out this wine, we choose another bottle and same process occurred as this wine was also sold out, however, she had brought two other bottles that were available and we chose one of these, on finishing this bottle later we ordered another only to be told this too was now finished so choose another. Doesn't smack of a well run restaurant

We ordered starters a soup and dumplings and they were very nice then mains arrived in good time we ordered two curries a Pork Penang and a Chicken Jungle Curry, Coconut rice, Prawn Pad Thai and a Thai Beef Salad.

The Beef salad was delicious really good but that was the best bit of our meals the Pork and Chicken were tiny portions and cooked to death really dry and horrible, the rice was a very small portion obviously microwaved as it was hard and not fluffy at all, the best bit was the "prawn" pad thai this had the grand total of 3 prawns in it, my bowl of soup had more, so called the waiter over who said he would speak to the chef he returned to inform me that the chef said that they normally put 4 prawns in the PRAWN pad thai and he was very sorry and that next time we come in the chef said he is give us 5 prawns!!!! really!

The waitress collected the plates and asked us what we thought we told her it wasn't great and she was very concerned and told the manager, so he comes over with a face like thunder arms crossed and asks me what the problem was so blah blah dry meat, over cooked, tiny portions and 3 prawns to which he asks how many prawns do you think you should have in a Prawn Pad Thai, I said at least 6 and he replied that he doesn't go around counting how many prawns they put in, but they normally put in 5!! he then turned on his heels and off he went! Rude, aggressive, not very helpful and customer service skills sadly non existent.

He didn't speak another word to us but did take 15% of the bill which was something I guess and the waitress who was very sweet did try to explain that they were very busy on Saturday nights and I think it is a feeding station for people lining their stomachs before heading to MuMu's or Society Rooms and not somewhere for a nice meal, so the search for a decent Thai restaurant in the Maidstone area goes on as this isn't one and we will not be back to the Thai Palace

6 Thank Traveljunkie2801
Basildon, United Kingdom
“a return visit is always a good endoresement”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Went as a group of 12 people this time and had booked the table.
On arrival very welcoming and helpful.
My first course was a sweet and sour prawn soup. For the first time EVER finally I had a sweet and sour soup that had some sourness and bite. well cooked and most importantly NOT over cooked
Main course was a seafood stir fry. Beautifully cooked and spiced with well presented coconut rice too. The deserts are, if anything, the weak point of the restaurant as they are a tad formulaic, but to be honest the first two courses were so well cooked and generous portions so filling that I didnt really want a desert!
Drinks were good value and the owner was delightful and very helpful at all times sorting out the bills by individual payments of all 12.
I am no new reviewer so I can confidently say this is the best Maidstone meal I have had and in my top 5 in Knt

1 Thank Hoppityskip